Tent upgrade: Kodiak or White Duck?

traildust

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the 10x10 spring bow tents. I see the Kodiaks are chyna made, and the White Duck are pakistans. Which is better quality? TIA

OH_Tony

FNG
I have had a kodiak for 5 or 6 years. It hasn't seen a ton of use but it's been good when I needed it. We just had it out in Wyoming for a week and a buddy has the 10x14 and they both worked fine. That being said, I didn't pay anywhere close to retail for it and don't have much experience with other tents in that category. The quality seems solid and I've had no issues. The floor is holding up really well. The doors can be a PIA to zip open and closed if there is too little or too much tension when its staked out.

FLATHEAD

WKR
Getting ready to try out a new KC 10x10 Spring bar this season.
Bought one of them big ole honkin cots to put in it.
I aint sleeping in the dirt no more.

Wyomuleskinner

Lil-Rokslider
Niether
I would get the original springbar tent from kirkhams

I've had one for years it is made much better than the knockoffs.
I'm going to sleep in it tonight as a matter of fact

I had a Kodiak. One man set up took a little longer than I wanted and it had no options for a stove (no fire treatment or stove jack). Sold it for a 12x12 Montana Canvas tipi with a stove jack and a Riley little amigo wood stove.

Couldn't be happier. Wood stove is a game changer for drying gear and keeping condensation down in your bed or bag. Never again on the buddy heater propane nonsense, that creates so much moisture. Setup is 4 corner stakes and 1 center pole. That's it. May not be ideal if you need space for more than 2.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
I have a White Duck 14x16. I was skeptical with their pricing at first and little info out there about them. Let me tell you, they are the real deal! High quality, as described, good features. The one thing that pissed me off was the lead time. If it is not in stock don't believe their lead times...