Tenmile and Credo are the exact same scope

Just got off the phone with Trijicon. I asked them if there were any differences in components or glass between the credo and tenmile. His comment was everything was the same, erectors, glass and all other components. Only difference is the top end magnification - the tenmile starts at 18x where the credo ends at 16x. He did note one exception, the tenmile 5-50 has ED glass. HX is for hunting and includes MOA options and less aggressive knurling on the turrets. Tenmile comes with sunshade and tenebraex scope caps. All internals and glass are the same.

All of that is to say, if a credo fails a drop test, a tenmile could as well. If a tenmile passes, the credo should as well.

Looking forward to the credo drop test results.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Just got off the phone with Trijicon. I asked them if there were any differences in components or glass between the credo and tenmile. His comment was everything was the same, erectors, glass and all other components. Only difference is the top end magnification - the tenmile starts at 18x where the credo ends at 16x. He did note one exception, the tenmile 5-50 has ED glass. HX is for hunting and includes MOA options and less aggressive knurling on the turrets. Tenmile comes with sunshade and tenebraex scope caps. All internals and glass are the same.

Maybe. They do not feel the same in the hand. That is click feel, power ring, etc. all feel slightly different between them.

All of that is to say, if a credo fails a drop test, a tenmile could as well. If a tenmile passes, the credo should as well.

I would not say that. There are multiple things that feed into a scope holding zero with impacts, and being that the size, power, and objective diameter are all different between them, it would not surprise me in the slightest that there are certain models that tend to do better.

Looking forward to the credo drop test results.

It’s already posted.

OP
PredatorSlayer
Maybe. They do not feel the same in the hand. That is click feel, power ring, etc. all feel slightly different between them.

I would not say that. There are multiple things that feed into a scope holding zero with impacts, and being that the size, power, and objective diameter are all different between them, it would not surprise me in the slightest that there are certain models that tend to do better.

It’s already posted.
Maybe…will be tough to tell until we get more than a sample of one.

I didn’t know you finished the credo review. I thought it was on hold or somebody sent you another credo for review. I’ll go check it out.

ChrisAU

WKR
I have had these Credos:

3-9x40
2-10x36 FFP
2.5-10x56
2.5-15x42

And these TenMiles:

3-18x44 FFP
4-24x50

The 3-9x40 is a wildly different scope in terms of construction, but all the others were built the exact same. Except for the 3-9x40, there were minor differences in elevation turret feel but nothing to credit to anything other than sample variation IMO. All had better feeling windage than elevation. All (other than the 3-9x40) could swap battery covers for instance, and integrated throw levers. I could tell no difference in glass in any of them.

I imagine the 1-8x28 and 4.5-30x56 are different altogether as well.

Grizzle

FNG
I have had these Credos:

3-9x40
2-10x36 FFP
2.5-10x56
2.5-15x42

And these TenMiles:

3-18x44 FFP
4-24x50

The 3-9x40 is a wildly different scope in terms of construction, but all the others were built the exact same. Except for the 3-9x40, there were minor differences in elevation turret feel but nothing to credit to anything other than sample variation IMO. All had better feeling windage than elevation. All (other than the 3-9x40) could swap battery covers for instance, and integrated throw levers. I could tell no difference in glass in any of them.

I imagine the 1-8x28 and 4.5-30x56 are different altogether as well.
Sorry to drag up an old post but can you give me a quick assessment of the 2-10×36 ffp?

Ripnbst

FNG
I just wanted to pop in here and say that I took a 3-18x44 FFP Tenmile with me from Houston, TX to Queenstown, New Zealand last week and the rifle was bounced around in a truck for 2 days, a side by side for a day, a plane ride, endured baggage handlers at 3 different airports on the way there and mild in-air turbulence and shot a respectable stag at 208 yards that I dialed for and missed a wild hog at 680 yards that I also dialed for but missed due to wind I didn't account for correctly. Elevation was dead on. Shooting 300PRC 225gr pills out of a 9lb(no suppressor) all in rifle setup.

Mine dialed true with all that jostling. Not dropped from 6 feet by any means, but the rattling around was enough that I had to tighten the action bolts halfway through the trip. Thankfully I had my fixit sticks kit with me in my pack, never leave home without it. Taking a rig halfway around the world, the reviews on here played a role in choosing that optic to mount on the rifle for this trip and any future trips.
685876A0-1852-4541-859F-812C40E828F0_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited: