TBAC Magnus Out of Stock Wait Time

Calliber

FNG
I’ve been trying to get ahold of a TBAC Magnus (CB) for months and can’t find any dealers local or online that can get any in their inventory. Is it worth waiting longer or should I just move on and order an Ultra 338 gen 2 instead since those are readily available?

h2so4

WKR
Also, if you call/ email TBAC they will provide feedback on who has/ or will be getting them soon. I think they used to have it on their website, too.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
So I saw they supposedly have it in stock, but after reading reviews on buying suppressors from them, tons of guys say they wish they had used a different dealer and how they won’t ship their cans and don’t respond to phone calls or emails. So that kinda made me hesitant to use them. Sounded like if you were local and go in person it’s not an issue, but strictly online seemed to be all the complaints.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
Also, if you call/ email TBAC they will provide feedback on who has/ or will be getting them soon. I think they used to have it on their website, too.
Maybe I need to keep trying then, they do still have it on their website as well and I tried contacting some of their dealers listed to be getting new shipments but in my experience was told the cans they were receiving had already been claimed from previous orders. I appreciate it

Sevens

WKR
So I saw they supposedly have it in stock, but after reading reviews on buying suppressors from them, tons of guys say they wish they had used a different dealer and how they won’t ship their cans and don’t respond to phone calls or emails. So that kinda made me hesitant to use them. Sounded like if you were local and go in person it’s not an issue, but strictly online seemed to be all the complaints.
Local is not much better. Would avoid Bauer.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
I have both. The 338 is huge. I wouldn’t use it as my first can. The Dominus is sweet!
Do you hear much difference in suppression at shooter’s ear between the two of the Magnus and ultra gen 2? From the specs tbac posted, they seem to be pretty similar in capability.

And now they’re releasing a magnus with .338 bore size as an option. I’m assuming partially due to the new trend for the 8.6Blk.

I actually had a good experience with bauer about a year ago, i rolled the dice despite the bad reviews. They had an APC9 pro SD in stock and no one else did. Had no issues but im a dealer so it was just a form 3

Ucsdryder

WKR
Do you hear much difference in suppression at shooter’s ear between the two of the Magnus and ultra gen 2? From the specs tbac posted, they seem to be pretty similar in capability.

And now they’re releasing a magnus with .338 bore size as an option. I’m assuming partially due to the new trend for the 8.6Blk.
I have the 338 ultra and Dominus. 338 ultra is stupid quiet with a 300 NMI 22”. I don’t wear plugs.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
I've ordered muzzle devices thru bauer and never had an issue
They’re probably reliable for non-regulated items like muzzle brakes and other gear. The negative comments seem to aways be pertaining to cans specifically.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
I actually had a good experience with bauer about a year ago, i rolled the dice despite the bad reviews. They had an APC9 pro SD in stock and no one else did. Had no issues but im a dealer so it was just a form 3
Well maybe it’s worth a shot, I’ll try getting ahold of them directly first and see how that goes before placing an order. Just wanted to avoid a potential headache if possible.

OP
Calliber

Calliber

FNG
I have the 338 ultra and Dominus. 338 ultra is stupid quiet with a 300 NMI 22”. I don’t wear plugs.
“Stupid Quiet” and “Mouse Fart” are always the best descriptions to hear when talking suppression ha. Sounds like a winner 💨

Well maybe it’s worth a shot, I’ll try getting ahold of them directly first and see how that goes before placing an order. Just wanted to avoid a potential headache if possible.
Yeah just give them a call or send an email. I left a voicemail i think and a lady there got back to me in a day or 2

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
The 338 Ultra is definitely a long can, but the Magnus ain't no shorty either at 9" (although they do have shorter versions now). My 338 Ultra is definitely my favorite can.

Fuzzy684

FNG
Spoke with silencer central today and they said tbac has the worst wait time right now. . He was expecting 6 months for more stuff to come in from them.