Tax Friendly Western State to retire?

Billinsd

WKR
Looks like Wyoming, South Dakota, and Nevada are lowest of the states I'm looking at. Utah, Arizona, and Idaho are higher.

I think Elko could be nice. I drove through Gillette, Wyoming and loved it. That whole area in Northeast Wyoming, Southeast Montana and South Dakota is nice.

I'm in the real early stages of planning. Probably won't move for at least another 5 years, but that could change quickly.

I love to hunt big game and upland. Waterfowl would be a bonus.

Thanks
Bill

mlob1one

WKR
Nevada might be your best bet for tax friendliness in retirement. Wyoming might be the best for hunting quality and tax friendliness combined.

Congrats on seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Sheridan Wyoming is my long term plan. Elk, deer, antelope and bear hunting all within a couple hours if not less. Good waterfowl and upland in the shadow of the big horns and Montana is right there too. Good fishing within a couple hours and interstates going south and east once you go south to buffalo.

Dvidos

Lil-Rokslider
Sheridan Wyoming is my long term plan. Elk, deer, antelope and bear hunting all within a couple hours if not less. Good waterfowl and upland in the shadow of the big horns and Montana is right there too. Good fishing within a couple hours and interstates going south and east once you go south to buffalo.
+1
BB.jpg

geoman99

FNG
Colorado is also fairly tax friendly which is one of the reasons the west/east coast people are coming here by the thousands.

The “where to retire threads?” are the The ultimate use of the “not looking for any honeyholes but....” format

Long term honey hole planning. But those old guys won’t be getting into our high country honey hell holes Juan don’t worry.

Btw, I’ve been missing your jokes around here lately. Quit fishing and sit at home in Rokslide.

Unfortunately, both NV and CO are changing as enough Calilibs move in to control the states. Taxes and spending go up, freedom goes down. Already, both states elect all or almost all Democrats who bring in far left agenda to these formerly red states.

elkduds

WKR
For you young'uns, CO was blue before it was red. Remember the '76 nonOlympics.

WY gets more than 50% of its state revenue from coal and drilling. As coal ends, they will have to ask residents to pay the difference. Or shrink the size of state gov't;)