Talk to me about your archery training schedule

Something I haven’t seen mentioned

practice shooting in your gear such as wearing your binos and rangefinder, pack as well if that’s a possible scenario. Even your hunting clothes to be positive nothing is too bulky or restrictive. You have to practice how you play, just like anything else in life.

OP
gentleman4561
Some things that haven't been mentioned:
Practice shooting your pin gaps a ton.
Practice guessing yardage as much as possible, especially on hills.
Practice making a vocalization while at full draw to stop the animal, then sending the arrow as fast as possible
Good ideas, haven’t thought of most of those.

We're lucky in that we get to hunt as much as we want here, so we don't really have an off season as such. At any given time of the year there is stuff we are hunting and we are usually shooting our bows consistently all year. In the warmer months when the days are longer we might shoot a little more frequently, but for the most part I'm always in decent shape (at least with the compound) and can pick it up and go out hunting and feel confident.

fatbacks

WKR
Thanks for all these awesome tips.

Any suggestions for training indoors in the winter? Up here in Alaska I have a while where it's only practical to shoot in my house. I can get out to about 15 yds. I've seen the blank bale drills. Any other good drills?