Talk to me about your archery training schedule

I live in Georgia where 99% of my shots are inside of 30 yards, I shot a bear a few weeks ago at 32 yards and that was the farthest shot I have taken in 3 years.

As long as I can get a license I will be planning to do an Elk hunt in Montana Sept 2025 (don’t worry, I will be sure to make my non-resident “can someone tell me where the Elk are” post soon).

I have a competitive shooting background and found that an established training routine always helped me to excel faster.

So, what do your off-season routines and distances look like?

HbDane

WKR
I try to replicate my hunting situations, meaningI shoot while kneeling, sitting, standing up hill and down hill etc. I also shoot as far as I can safely, in my case 100 yards. I practice long distance shots that I wouldn’t necessarily take while hunting, so that I’m confident and comfortable within my lethal range (60 yards and under). When you start stacking arrows at 100 yards with confidence, those 20-50 yard shots seem ridiculously close and easy.

I know guys that shoot 3 arrows and then run to the target to grab them and back and then shoot again to replicate being out of breath and a shot presents itself, but I haven’t done that.

I think this is what you were asking

I shoot my bow, a lot.

Less during hunting season, because I divert that time to hunting.

I think it really comes down to just being proficient.

If you are in GA, in all honesty I'd go talk with Griv at archery learning center.

If you can go against his kids, with lights and distractions, (kids whipping you) probably no situation you can't conquer.

I learn more about my shooting inside of 20 yards than past it. It's counter, but get to where you have a hole going and try to not ruin it, for me, that's pressure.