Talk me out of a benelli m2 12g!

Fowl Play

WKR
The M2 is a great shotgun. I'm sure you will love it. Like others have said, you have to let Benelli actions slam close. You can not ease them closed to try to reduce noise. That it the only potential drawback of them. Not an issue for waterfowl or most upland. Only time it concerns me is turkey hunting. If an M2 is in your price range I would definitely go to a gun store that has a wide variety and shoulder a bunch of shotguns. Buy once, cry once but buy the one that fits you best. Beretta A300 is my current duck gun and I love it. And recently picked up a Mossberg 940 pro for turkey hunting. Have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of that gun and may pick up one for waterfowl as well. Much higher form and fit than typical Mossbergs and made in the USA to boot!

Dave C.

Lil-Rokslider
You say I’m a clown? I already did say what they were and you ignored them. Just like I said Benelli fan boys do.

I have an idea how I can shoot fewer shells and get my guns to never fail. I’ll just hunt less. Thanks for saving me all that money. I bet my guns don’t jam as much if I’m sitting on the couch.
"Stovepiping" is generally caused by two common problems. Either the gun owner over-lubricates the recoil spring mechanism allowing it to gunk up and preventing clean cycling of the bolt or, in the case of "world-class goose hunters" like yourself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, shooting out of a layout blind in sometimes awkward positions doesn't give the gun the adequate resistance to recoil causing the bolt to short-cycle.

BigE

Lil-Rokslider
They are a great gun. The only time I've had a problem with cycling is from light loads and a loose hold on the gun. Like @Dave C. said above. "Limp-wrist" it and you may run into that.

"Stovepiping" is generally caused by two common problems. Either the gun owner over-lubricates the recoil spring mechanism allowing it to gunk up and preventing clean cycling of the bolt or, in the case of "world-class goose hunters" like yourself:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, shooting out of a layout blind in sometimes awkward positions doesn't give the gun the adequate resistance to recoil causing the bolt to short-cycle.
Clearly said I run in circles with some and pointed out what they have starred shooting. I never claimed to be one. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

TN2shot07

WKR
I haven’t found a one do all rifle that I was content with yet but of everything I’ve tried the m2 does it for a shotgun. With the advancements in non toxic loads I don’t see why anyone wants to punish themselves with a 3 1/2 anymore. I had a SBE3, it didn’t do anything better for me than the m2 except cost more. Buy it in 12 or 20 (or both) and don’t look back

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re not afraid of saving money… I have had my Stoeger M3500 for 5 years now. It’s been a great gun. It goes with me every weekend during hunting season.
The only downside is that I have to clean it twice during dove season because it doesn’t like cycling the lighter loads. This is also why it doesn’t come with me to shoot sporting clays.
I shoot over a case a year while hunting and it only gets cleaned during dove season.
Do you have the added “recoil reducer”? I never put mine in my m3500 and I mainly shoot clays and dove with mine. Never a hiccup.