Tactacam Reveal Cell Cam Settings?

snik

FNG
I just bought a Tactacam Reveal Cell Cam. For those that have used them what setting are you using? What motion sensitivity do you have yours at? Do you use multi shot? What about video? I’m trying the have the best balance of quality without depleting my batteries too fast.

btb1983

FNG
I have mine set to 6 for motion. I run a 5 second delay on pictures and 10 second videos. I have it set to only send me pics once a day, I’ve noticed if you set it to send pics to you right away, it really kills that batteries. I also run a 12v external battery in a box, I get about 6 months out of this setup!

Tahoe1305

WKR
I eventually paid the extra $ and have solar for all mine. Batteries always read 100% so don’t worry about it. I think it paid for the cost of batteries in about a year.

Gseith

Lil-Rokslider
I eventually paid the extra $ and have solar for all mine. Batteries always read 100% so don’t worry about it. I think it paid for the cost of batteries in about a year.
Definitely get the solar if there’s enough sun. I’ve had mine set up for 3 months and the batteries still reads %100. My buddy has one and his complaint was it eats batteries unless he used lithium, but they are outrageous in price.

huntnful

WKR
I love mine. I have 8 of them. Depending on activity level, the settings can vary.

If it’s just on a trail, I’d run the multi shot for sure. If it’s at a feeding or watering area, that might not be necessary.

I don’t run the video at all. My cameras are super remote, so I just like the pictures through the app.

I have them send pictures at 7:00am so my day starts off interesting haha.

4 on the sensitivity level to eliminated triggering from wind and brush.

OP
S

snik

FNG
I appreciate all the responses. I’ll adjust some of the settings and see what works best