Tac

whats the average time it takes to shoot a course?
Are people usually backed up waiting to shoot or does it flow good?
Any issues with someone in my party moving up to a max distance of 40-50 yards?
Thanks

Bump79

WKR
There are different courses you can take that have shots in the 40-50 yds range. It takes a few hours per course

RMM

WKR
I believe it took us right around 3 hours to finish 7 springs last year (Prime course). No issues moving up as long as its done safely as stated on their website. We didnt have any problems with waiting to shoot, they have set start times for groups so its not like there are a ton of people shooting at once.

3 hours per course is probably a good average. The staggered start times ("nock times") keep shooters spread out pretty well. If you do get stuck behind a particularly slow group (or if you are the particularly slow group), just ask if you can shoot ahead of them. Moving closer to the target is fine, just make sure you maintain line of sight back to the official shooting position so no one walks up behind you and starts shooting before you're done.

Do y’all change arrow setup between TAC and hunting season or just pick a setup and rip it?

MNWILD15

Lil-Rokslider
Do y’all change arrow setup between TAC and hunting season or just pick a setup and rip it?
I like to use the same arrow setup for Tac as what I plan on using for upcoming hunting season. That way my sight tape is dialed for season. I just need to do some fine tuning with broad heads and I am good to go.

Marble

WKR
The time it takes to complete the course varies on the course. 3 to 4 hours for the more difficult courses.

And yes, you can move up and be as close as you want to be.

I use 3d arrows for the course.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Good advice so far. 3-4 hours is a good average. Bring plenty of water I’ve experienced the course being slow and quick. Totally depends on who is in front of you. Same as being on a golf course. For the distance, just choose a course that fits your capabilities. They have different ones for a reason.

3-4 hours in my experience. Parts of the course can be fast, others can be slow. Bring plenty of water.

I shoot the same arrows as my hunting setup. I want to see how i/they do.

You can shoot from any position from the cone up to the target. I followed a group last year with 2 kids under the age of 14 I would guess. One shot from about 40 and in, the other 20 and In.

bat-cave

WKR
Just to add to what others have stated ... My experience over the past two years was closer to 4 hours, but also has much to do with which course and how many shooters (how quickly/slowly they move, how much time is spent looking for arrows etc ...) are in front of you. I tend to get on the mountain early, but if you get behind a larger group on a course like Sitka (in CO anyway) ... it can push 4 hours.

Most targets will allow you to move up, but every now and then there are no good intermediate positions to shoot from.

Aces11

Lil-Rokslider
I shot Terry Peak 2020, and it took about 6 hours to finish our course. There was a large group about 5 groups ahead of us. They were taking forever at each target. After shooting you had to sit around for 12-15 minutes at each target and wait for the line to move.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
They try to stagger it but it can get backed up sometimes which is really frustrating. One course last year we skipped a couple targets because there was 30+ people backed up at one target.

Pramo

WKR
I've been shooting TAC since the first one, it's fun but getting a little goofy with all the grip and grin foam pictures folks take. As far as arrows I used my hunting arrows