T3x vs T3 superlite

kipper09

WKR
I wanted to see if anybody knew the exact differences between these two rifles? I know the superlite has a fluted barrel, anything else much different? Weights are close to the same? I can’t see much difference and I’m gonna be buying one and putting an ag composite alpine hunter on it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is regular, light and super lite. Lite has a slimmer barrel contour Than regular. Lite and super lite difference is flutes. The acron and stock are the same.

if you are trying to build something light weight, go with a lite or super lite.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
There is regular, light and super lite. Lite has a slimmer barrel contour Than regular. Lite and super lite difference is flutes. The acron and stock are the same.

if you are trying to build something light weight, go with a lite or super lite.

Which T3’s have “regular” barrels that are thicker then lites?

OP
kipper09

kipper09

WKR
I’ve weighed a stainless lite and a stainless superlight barrel, and there was a 3.6oz difference due to the fluting. This was comparing identical chambered barrels

Ok man I appreciate that. I’m strongly considering a superlite I found in 7-08. Slapping a ag composite stock and Swfa 3-9 on it. Should be a decent all around setup

Ok man I appreciate that. I’m strongly considering a superlite I found in 7-08. Slapping a ag composite stock and Swfa 3-9 on it. Should be a decent all around setup

Too bad you couldn’t find yourself a Barrett Fieldcraft in 7mm-08...

Tahoe1305

WKR
My superlite 6.5C just got chopped and threaded. Picking up this week. Should be about 21” now shouldered 1/2” out of the flutes. It’s a good compromise and “should” still look/function well.

I’ll post picts when I get it. 1/2-28” btw.

Main difference between lite and superlite due to flutes is 4-6oz.

Adding. The stockys CF stock for $500 isn’t too shabby either. 21.5oz with a decent recoil pad. May not be as good as AG or others but it’s a tad cheaper and typically a bit lighter.

KU_Geo

WKR
Here’s a 6.5 creedmoor I chopped to just in front of flutes. Took off just short of ~2.5-3”. Barrel measures 21.5-21.75”. Threaded 1/2-28 and barrel diameter is .645” just behind the threads. Not sure on weight loss due to the chop, it was a takeoff barrel I had cut and put on at the same time, so no before/after weights. Pretty much what Tahoe is talking about doing.
D1D07980-615E-4BD6-A0A6-0CF0CC9103FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Maverick1

WKR

If you are set on the stainless, this is a good way to go. You could also consider one of the compact (aka “youth”) models. Come with a 20” barrel, in that caliber. A bit heavier than the superlite, but come with a 12.5” LOP, and with the 20” barrel are actually nicer to handle - to me - than the superlite, especially in the longer length barrels. Something to consider.