T3x 223 Compact/Groups/Shot Sequence

BLJ

WKR
I have a T3x compact 20” barrel that’s been giving me a little bit of issues.
With factory ammo or hand loads, it will put 2-3 on top each other then have one 1/2”-1” away. 1-2 more in original group then another one out.
Same results with 2 different shooters.

For reference it’s a 20” barreled compact. Free floated clear to the action.
Sportsmatch rings with bases torqued to 40 with thread locker.
Ring caps torqued to 18-20 with no thread locker.
Action screws to 45. (Plastic trigger guard)
Trijicon Credo 2.5-15.

Ammo has been ADI 69 SMK for factory and 77TMK-25 grains of Varget-CCI 400-ADI once fired brass-1.90 Base to Ogive for hand loads.

I’ve tried bipods and bags as well as front and rear bags.

3” Green dot picture is 12 of the ADI.
1 1/2” Orange dot picture is 10 of the TMK hand load.
I numbered the shots on the green target. Same issue on the orange target. Just not numbered. POA was center of target in both.

Maybe this isn’t an issue but it just seems odd to me. Thanks. IMG_3303.jpegIMG_3483.jpeg

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
My Tikka didn’t like that ammo (ADI) last week, produced similar size groups.

Your second group is pretty normal and adequate for the range of the gun. Shoot another 20 rounds into it and the cone will prob fill in.

TxLite

WKR
I could be wrong here but I think what you’re seeing is completely normal and plays into the “your groups are too small” podcast from Hornady as well as form’s described “cone of accuracy”.

Yep, my tikka shot the 69 SMK ADI that way too. The old Aussie outback branded ADI ammo used to shoot way better than this new ADI "world class" stuff.

Shot the 55 SBK stuff better and the factory 73 grain elds a lot better.

Another endorsement for factory Hornady 73gr ELDM ammo. It'll shoot sub MOA with an entire box, or two.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
@Bluumoon. I thought about shooting 10/20 more just to see where they ended up. Honestly I was kinda discouraged after those 10 and needed a break.

I may try some 73 ELDM’s. I also have after market mags so I have room for 75 ELDM’s as well.

@wind gypsy. Have you had better results with the ADI 55 SMK for a practice load than the 69’s? I’d like to stay with the ADI if I can for the brass. I already have a couple other rifles I’m using it in. Thanks.

@wind gypsy. Have you had better results with the ADI 55 SMK for a practice load than the 69’s? I’d like to stay with the ADI if I can for the brass. I already have a couple other rifles I’m using it in. Thanks.

The ADI 55 blitzking definitely shot tighter for me. It works good for shooting paper drills at shorter range.

Reactions: BLJ

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Bluumoon. I thought about shooting 10/20 more just to see where they ended up. Honestly I was kinda discouraged after those 10 and needed a break.

I may try some 73 ELDM’s. I also have after market mags so I have room for 75 ELDM’s as well.

Aside from there being a better use for the TMKs that group is good to go after a 0.1 mil right adjustment.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Hornady Black 75 grn hpbt’s shoot great in mine with a 16inch barrel

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
Got some 75 ELDM’s to try with the Varget. We’ll see what happens.