T3/T3X Stock Compatibility

leoni1

FNG
I have a circa 2009 Tikka T3 Stainless with the factory plastic stock.

The factory T3 stock is old and tired, with weak sling swivels attachments. My hope is to replace it with a new T3X plastic stock, but first want to be certain that the two are compatible.

I have considered other aftermarket stocks, but kind of like the feel of the T3X stock.

Will a T3 barreled action (in my case chambered in 30.06) fit into the T3X stock? Do I need different action screws than those that the T3 currently has? Is the bottom plastic compatible between the two?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
L

leoni1

FNG
Wow, that didn’t take long!

Thanks fellas.

OP
L

leoni1

FNG
No problem, both of mine have been changed. Pick up the vertical grip, a very noticeable improvement.

Yup, vertical grip is one of the reasons I am going to the T3X stock. I find it so much better of an angle for most shooting positions (except standing offhand shots).

Where can I get a factory T3x stock? Good question my T3 Lite stock is kinda shoddy on my 308.

eBay. I’ve sold a few on there. Guys buy the rifle and immediately replace the stock. There’s almost always a few there it seems.

I did just this to a 2008 Tikka T3 in 308. The vertical grip and beaver tail mods make the factory Tikka T3x stock much better. I bought a T3x stock on eBay and it works great.

I have both. The original T3 stock is just a hair lighter. New one is much more comfortable.

Yep my original T3 stock was old and getting slick. The modularity of the T3x stock is great that I’m not sure many people try before replacing it with something else.

NSI

WKR
Just took off a brand new black and green t3x factory stock. PM me and I'll make you the deal of the century.

-J

NSI

WKR
Fella here on the East Coast bought it for a more than fair price. Great community. Only other forum I've found with this "feel" and congeniality is Beechtalk.

-J