swine hunting in Spain

Next year I'm planning on visiting my in-laws in Spain. they live near the Mediterranean on a farm around Malaga. they tell me that there are wood pigs that get hunted there. Anyone here ever hunt in Spain and have inside scoop on seasons, license, restrictions?
I figure I'd do this archery style because international travel with guns is a pain and less hassle to move a bow
And before someone says "ask your in-laws" , my in laws don't hunt

TXCO

WKR
Dm me. We just got back from a hunt outside malaga.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grfox92

WKR
My mother is from there and has family there but I'm not in touch with any of them. I've always wanted to go visit.

Curious to see what you find out. Good luck.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

FLATHEAD

WKR
My wife has been wanting to go to Spain.
Hunting is the only thing that would get me there.

OP
D
My wife has been wanting to go to Spain.
Hunting is the only thing that would get me there.

The Med. coast is amazingly beautiful, but yeah.. hunting is basically the thing that makes going to Europe to be palatable.

We also have some friends that have land in Macedonia, so I might explore hunting there too

Mtncowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I LOVE Spain! I wish I had info for you, but I don't. Sounds like a great time to me!

FLATHEAD

WKR
I would love to hunt Hogs in Spain BTW.
They have some big ole gnarly ones over there
in the EU.

TXCO

WKR
Spain is one of our favorite places to go. Safe, cheap, friendly, great food wine and sites. Easy to get around. It really Cant be beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suera

FNG
Im from Spain i can help you with the licenses and more, hunt wildboards is easier with both, the only question you have to know is if the lands of your relativities are in a "social hunting place" that his owner is the village, in a free land hunting place the owner is the state or in a private hunting place the owner is one or a group of people.
Pm me and I will help you

kevlar88

Lil-Rokslider
My European experience may have been tainted after
a week in Paris.
Never again.
Spain may be totally different.
Paris was my personal tenth ring of hell. Spain is a different world entirely, even Barcelona wasn't bad but hinting Ibex for five days in the mountains of Coratxa was absolute heaven. Spain has an incredible hunting culture, I'd encourage you to go experience it any way you can.

1jrodk

FNG
I lived in Spain for a few years in the late 90's. A good friend of mine there is a big hunter and we went after pigs several times. It was a blast. It has been a long time so I am not sure on the regs anymore as they have most likely changed. I will say, however, that it is some of my favorite hunting memories being out there killing pigs. I have lived and traveled all over the world with my work and Spain has been absolutely my favorite place!! Enjoy the hunt, but the food, culture, people, and places will definitely make it easy to do!