SWFA 3-9x42 SS HD In Stock AND 30% OFF

Juan_ID

WKR
I have fought the urge of this long. I want one but I currently have 2 3-15’s that I’m plenty happy with but that doesn’t mean I’m not trying to talk myself out of it multiple times a day!

MT257

WKR
Is the 3-9 enough magnification for out west hunting? Or would the 3-15 be better?

OP
gtriple

gtriple

WKR
Is the 3-9 enough magnification for out west hunting? Or would the 3-15 be better?
3-9 is absolutely plenty out to 600+ yards. Buy one and never regret it. 30% off means that you can sell it for a profit in 6 months if you don't like it.

Ordered one Friday evening and got the tracking info around 5:00 PM tonight. Should hopefully be here by the weekend

Juan_ID

WKR
Those of you guys that have the 3-9s, does the lack of parallax bother you at all?

Eluder

FNG
Those of you guys that have the 3-9s, does the lack of parallax bother you at all?
It hasn't been an issue in the field for me.

I have both and they are different beasts, I dont think the reticle would work very well at low magnification on the 3-15 in the field, plus, the dials are huge. I have the 3-15 on a 22lr range gun and it's awesome for that.

There are a lot of people using the fixed 6x for out west hunting. I haven't thought twice about the 3-9 out 350 yards, I haven't had a shot out passed that distance with this scope yet, so no real world beyond that to report.

Following up on post #9.

SWFA's response to my question, "Is purchase charged at time of order or at the time item is available to ship?":

You will see a pending charge when placing the order, but would not officially be charged until the item is in stock and ready to ship.

Bought, waiting. :)

bmicek

WKR
Is the glass quality in the 3-9x HD similar to that of Leupold Vx5 or NF ATACR? It’s tempting me…

amassi

WKR
Is the glass quality in the 3-9x HD similar to that of Leupold Vx5 or NF ATACR? It’s tempting me…
Agree with gtriple, no it isn't
But it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. There isn't a single shot during legal shooting time where the 3-9 is going to fail to resolve the target before higher tier glass.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Agree with gtriple, no it isn't
But it isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. There isn't a single shot during legal shooting time where the 3-9 is going to fail to resolve the target before higher tier glass.
Well, for some of us legal shooting light is whatever light we can see the target clearly enough to shoot it in.

That said, the fixed 6x outperforms the NF 1-8x24 in low light. Of course, that is down to objective size.

gbflyer

WKR
I am impressed with the 3-9 HD. I can see .243 hole at 100 yards on 9x. I wear glasses, no bionic eyes. It’s much nicer than the 16X fixed SS I have. I’m not overly fond of that one, however it sits on my .308 and dials just fine to 600.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My order was placed on the 1st and shipped today.

JohnB

WKR
I just called to place an order after some website issues over the weekend and learned that they sold the last 3x9 over the weekend and are unsure of when the next shipment will come in. To the point that the woman I spoke with wasn't comfortable making a guess. Damn website issues are depriving me of the "Rokslide Special" I did place a backorder though.

Edit: If anyone feels like somehow they have too many 3x9s let me know and I'm your man.

Last edited:
Hey just a update guys I got mine in today, and so did my brother.
I’ve had a swfa 3-9 scopes before, but the glass seems much better than I remember and they actually come in a nice looking box, instead of the white plane box like they did before ( not that that really matters) anyways figured I’d give a update