Swarovski Z5

and.kimbo

FNG
Fairly new to Rokslide, mainly been a lurker. Looking for some feedback on Swarovski's Z5 line. How do people that have them like it? How durable are they?

I think the consensus you'll hear is if you want a scope that can track correctly and retain its zero, look elsewhere. And those are the two most important things a scope does.

pirogue

WKR
I don’t think the OP’s model, Z5, even dials to start with, so keep that in mind for some replys. I have the Z3, because I wanted the light weight, 1” tube. You will hear they are fragile, and I’m not arguing that. I will state that the rifle my Z3 is on has slipped off the tree, it was leaning against a couple times. It has also travelled many miles in a Kolpin hard boot case, mounted to a quad, so that is a lot of shaking to absorb. I’ve probably had it 1-2 years, and went to the range this morning. It was off about 1 3/4” at 100 yards, which is where it was sighted in. It would not be fair to say this variance may multiply at further distances, because at my age, I can’t hold steady, even on a rest at the range, to start with. In other words, when it was initially sighted in, if shots were within an inch, I would have called it good. So just telling it like it is, and not promoting or criticizing the brand.

JohnnyB

WKR
My Z5 has great glass. It has held zero well. It tracks horribly. I have tried to make half moa adjustments while zeroing that took up to 8 clicks. Sometimes a single click will move it 1 moa or more.

My primary hunting rifle has a Trijicon Tenmile on it and I am very happy with it. I regularly dial out to a thousand yards while practicing without issue.

My binos are Swaro and they are excellent, but I would never buy one of their scopes again.
Good luck!