Swarovski vs Zeiss

Xmotoxr

FNG
I know this has been discussed numerous times but having read a lot of reviews for Swarovski EL and Zeiss Victory SF they both seem like great options. It seems Swarovski is the preferred option for the hunting crowd. Which do y’all prefer and why? Thanks!

If comparing the EL and SF primarily as a hand-held binocular, then hands-down the SF. I’ve compared these two extensively and prefer the SF image. In addition, the focus and handling of the SF is clearly superior.

Also own both the NL and SF. They are very close in virtually all respects. On a tripod I prefer the NL’s slight FOV advantage and better tripod adapter; handheld the SF’s handling and focus. Interestingly, I slightly prefer the SF’s image on sunny days and the NLs on cloudy days.

OP
X

Xmotoxr

FNG
Spiral Horn, very thorough response with great information. Thank you!

KenLee

WKR
If comparing the EL and SF primarily as a hand-held binocular, then hands-down the SF. I’ve compared these two extensively and prefer the SF image. In addition, the focus and handling of the SF is clearly superior.

Also own both the NL and SF. They are very close in virtually all respects. On a tripod I prefer the NL’s slight FOV advantage and better tripod adapter; handheld the SF’s handling and focus. Interestingly, I slightly prefer the SF’s image on sunny days and the NLs on cloudy days.
In my home state, it's legal to hunt deer an hour before sunup til an hour after sunset. We can shoot pigs and yotes anytime.
The lowlight performance of the 8x NLs makes the answer an easy choice if you are already planning on spending 2/3 the price for less usable time in the field.

Antique0s

FNG
My experience with the Zeiss Victory and the Swarovski is that you are looking through comparable glass--only the name is changed. Either one would be superb atop.

Happy Antelope

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have both right now and the Zeiss IMO are quite a bit nicer. The edge on the NL is impressive, but Zeiss wins on everything else.