Swarovski Spotter vs $1000 Spotters

MAXLWIE

FNG
I am thinking about getting a swarovski optics spotting scope. Guidefitter now has military discounts on swaro which is pretty awesome. So that softens the price point for me a bit. But curious to hear if you guys think swaro is going to be way better than the spotters that are around $1000 or so from other brands.

king402

FNG
To me there is a huge difference. I think you'd be better off finding a used Swaro than paying $1000 for a new but lesser brand. The Swaro and Leica glass are incredible! Well worth the extra cost!

wnelson14

WKR
a $1000 spotting scope is worth less than $500 in the future.
A higher end used KOWA 773/4 can be had for under 2k, and they hold their value (Few on here now)
If not, a used Maven S1A can be had for $1400-1700, lifetime warranty, they also have their Demo program.
Another thing to consider is if 15 binos are in question instead of a spotter, now is the absolute perfect time to get Swaro 15s on the used market for well under 2k.

JNDEER

WKR
A $1000 range spotter is significantly closer to a high end spotter then the $500 range.

First and last light usually get about 10-20+ minutes in clarity with a high end spotter.

Mid day close range glassing (mile ish and less) they are relatively close usually. High end spotter will be a touch crisper especially on the edges and difference could be seeing eye guards or a kicker.

At longer ranges high end spotters you CAN tell a buck is a buck (for example a forky) - and you would need to analyze the deer and make a judgment call if you think it’s a buck and maybe you catch a glimpse of antlers - but then you won’t see the antler and you may doubt what you see.

Center image of the $1000 ish scope is what I am referring to- usually the edges are much crisper on high end scopes.

My specific examples came from a GOOD gen1 razor 65 compared to a swaro 65. Also compared the old Nikon ed III 65 and the above was my conclusion.

I am thinking about getting a swarovski optics spotting scope. Guidefitter now has military discounts on swaro which is pretty awesome. So that softens the price point for me a bit. But curious to hear if you guys think swaro is going to be way better than the spotters that are around $1000 or so from other brands.
There’s a reason it’s always Swarovski VS XXXXXX. It is way better. If you want to get close, it won’t happen in the 1k range.

For me and where I hunt a spotter is an occasional use. I have the Meopta Meostar 82mm and the compact vortex razor. Razor stays in the pack and very rarely comes out. But for Binos I have 8 and 12 NL Pure. Those get the workout.

tradman

Lil-Rokslider
Just remember Sawarovski might not work well with your eyes. I tried some 15x56 SLC but didn't like them. Wasn't impressed at all.

Marshfly

WKR
When you buy a Swaro or Kowa spotter (or Swaro binos) you are paying a premium knowing that you are purchasing an optic of the quality that it will be sufficient for your uses for the rest of your life. "Less than" will always have you with upgrade-itis forever. Been there, now have the right stuff with zero regrets and zero desire to change them.

There is a real difference once you hit the alpha stuff. And you won't realize it until you are in the field and you see things your buddy sitting next to you simply can't see with what he is holding.

JohnB

WKR
I went from a Maven CS.1A that I bought used for ~$600 to a Swaro STM 65 HD that I bought used for $1650 and couldn't be happier with my choice. The Maven started to look like an impressionistic painting above 35x while I'm nearly counting antler points with my Swaro at 1.5 miles.

The only negative of the Swaro is that I now have to bring it everywhere since I own it.