Swarovski EL Range TA Review, By Matt Cashell

SuperBoot

FNG
BUT….mine are currently at Swarovski getting the rangefinder repaired as it decided to go dark a couple weeks before the season and I had to go without it for this year which was disappointing. I’m sure it will be back as good as new but I definitely expected it to last more than a year and a bit. For those wondering, I didn’t drop them and it wasn’t a battery issue, I'm just waiting on a final diagnosis. In the end, I like them and the glass cannot be beat.

Has anybody had the electronics go out? Will swaro fix it for a fee if the warranty is up?

Funny, I had the exact same thing happen with mine. Bought Sept of 21, electronics were totally dead by Nov of 22. Mine started as a significant decrease in battery life, then they refused to work in temps under 40-50 degrees (hunting weather… lol), then the electronics just 100% died.
Have you guys gotten yours back or had any explanation given as to what the issue was?
I sent mine in Dec 12th of last year, and just got updated that the repairs were finished on March 22nd. They still haven’t shipped them back yet though.

Renomd

FNG
Funny, I had the exact same thing happen with mine. Bought Sept of 21, electronics were totally dead by Nov of 22. Mine started as a significant decrease in battery life, then they refused to work in temps under 40-50 degrees (hunting weather… lol), then the electronics just 100% died.
Have you guys gotten yours back or had any explanation given as to what the issue was?
I sent mine in Dec 12th of last year, and just got updated that the repairs were finished on March 22nd. They still haven’t shipped them back yet though.
Huh well that's concerning... I kind of wondered if this has to do with the "2000 measurements life cycle". If I were to acquire this Bino, I'm definitely going to be doing FAR more than 2000 measurements b/c I'll mostly be using these in NRL Hunter and similar competitions.

Huh well that's concerning... I kind of wondered if this has to do with the "2000 measurements life cycle". If I were to acquire this Bino, I'm definitely going to be doing FAR more than 2000 measurements b/c I'll mostly be using these in NRL Hunter and similar competitions.

That's the lifecycle for 1 battery, not the unit.

I have a set of 10x42s. I also have a set of Leicas geovid 15s. I think I am gonna stick with the bigger Leica and a hand held range for close stuff (bow hunting ).

Prob put these up for sale.

Attachments

• 40932301-A313-46C1-989F-09A3CE476BC1.jpeg
    40932301-A313-46C1-989F-09A3CE476BC1.jpeg
    425.3 KB · Views: 5

SuperBoot

FNG
I have a set of 10x42s. I also have a set of Leicas geovid 15s. I think I am gonna stick with the bigger Leica and a hand held range for close stuff (bow hunting ).

Prob put these up for sale.
Those are 2nd Gen EL Ranges, not TA’s.
Very big difference in coatings and laser capability