Swarovski EL Range misreporting actual vs corrected distance

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I got the new 32 mm, had the outdoorsman stud installed and took it out for its first trip.

It’s flipping the actual yardage and the shoot – two yardage in the read-out, meaning actual is showing on the bottom instead of the top.

this occurs under 90 yards. Once I get over 100 yards it flips it back to the correct correct placement but…

testing it against my 42 mm, shoot-to distance is way off, like 10 yards at 90 yards, and more beyind 100.

I’ve tried calibrating the compass and taking the battery out for a miniute.

I sent an email to Swaro'' but it’s the weekend. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

(I guess we're gonna find out if Swarovski really will warranty with the outdoorsman stud installed. )

I got the new 32 mm, had the outdoorsman stud installed and took it out for its first trip.

It’s flipping the actual yardage and the shoot – two yardage in the read-out, meaning actual is showing on the bottom instead of the top.

this occurs under 90 yards. Once I get over 100 yards it flips it back to the correct correct placement but…

testing it against my 42 mm, shoot-to distance is way off, like 10 yards at 90 yards, and more beyind 100.

I’ve tried calibrating the compass and taking the battery out for a miniute.

I sent an email to Swaro'' but it’s the weekend. I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

(I guess we're gonna find out if Swarovski really will warranty with the outdoorsman stud installed. )
Well, shoot. That’s not ideal. I’ve only used mine for rifle hunting/range trips so far. Will play around with the EHR setting and see what happens

Hi. What’s the EHR setting?
Maybe that was Leica lingo, equivalent horizontal range (shoot-to distance).

Looks like mine does the same thing. Flips the placement of shoot-to within 100 yards and beyond 100 yards.

I have not tested or compared the accuracy but that is concerning for an archery hunter..curious what swaro says. Will have to compare with my Leica.

I will say the ballistics have been spot on from 300-1000 yards on several range sessions for me.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I think Swaro calls it corrected distance in the instructions.

So yours is doing it too? Not right!!!

Swaro did get back to me and said it’s not right. They’re reaching out to the engineers in Austria. They think it’s a firmware issue. I’ll keep you posted.

I got this thing for archery hunting so it needs to work!

Compare with Leica and let me know. And Swaro says to stay from shallow to steep angles for complete testing.

Last edited:

Antares

WKR
I don't want to derail, but I have a Leica EHR questions.

Does anyone know if it's possible to make a Leica Geovid R display 1) only the EHR or 2) display EHR before LOS? Mine displays LOS and then displays to EHR. I'm afraid that in the heat of the moment I'm just going to dial for the first number I see (LOS) and shoot over an animal.

My concern is exactly what happened to @THLR in this video:

Hope that makes sense. Much appreciated if anyone has suggestions on how to avoid this with the Geovid R.

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
Yesbthe menu setup on Swarovski is terrible. That ONE time you really need a corrected number the number you have been looking at the previous 10.000 times is no longer correct.

You have to actively decode the numbers and discard the wrong one (which should never have been presented)

Antares

WKR
I’m trying to train myself to always look at the corrected range, but it’s just an unnecessary step I wish I could avoid by simply having the binos only display the corrected range.