Swarovski EL Range - $1999

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
Max range that these will calculate with angle compensation is 999 yards. Is that correct? What does the field pro package add?
edit. Not sure my question was clear. Will this range finder give bullet drop data past 999 yards?

Last edited:

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
Max range that these will calculate with angle compensation is 999 yards. Is that correct? What does the field pro package add?

The FieldPro package is mostly cosmetic and not very consequential - slightly different armor, different neck strap, different strap attachments. This is the last gen, so what it doesn't have is:

The "TA" tracking assistant (Which no one seems to care much about. I don't want Bluetooth connections in my gear anyway, and assign no value to this)

The "SwaroVision" field flattening lens tech (which would maybe be nice, but not worth a $2k premium to me)

The range finder is supposed to work to 2,000 yards.

Other things that people don't like are mostly bowhunting related. Lower limit of about 32 yards on the rangefinder, and also right handed bow hunters find the rangefinder button on the left barrel to be awkward when holding a bow.

I got one of these during EuroOptic’s close out and would be willing to pass along for slightly less than I paid if someone wants them. I haven’t unboxed any of the accessories and only looked through the binoculars from my porch and deck. Also I didn’t register with Swarovski.

PM me if interested.

edit. Not sure my question was clear. Will this range finder give bullet drop data past 999 yards?

This model doesn’t do bullet drop at all. It just corrects the range for shooting up or down at an angle. The Range TA models do what you’re asking about. These don’t take load data.

cowdisciple

Lil-Rokslider
Oh, yeah, I misunderstood. No onboard ballistic calculator of any kind. It will give you range and angle compensated range.

eyeguy

Lil-Rokslider
So if no bullet drop dope calculated does it give true horizontal distance past 999yds?

past 1000 yards I only get the actual range. In other words, 2 numbers short of 1000 yards and 1 number beyond 1000 yards

Last edited: