Sven Saw

tony

WKR
One of you all mentioned the Sven Saw in a recent post. Me being me, I had to have one after seeing it. :LOL:
I have a cheapo axe in my truck and had been wanting a small bow type saw as well.
This thing is pretty slick! I bought the smaller 15” model. It weighs next to nothing, definitely lighter than an axe or hatchet. Pair this with a decent fixed blade knife, and you can cut and “baton” wood for a fire or stove.
I will give it a few points on the pain in the ass scale to assemble. And will probably cut myself putting it together one day. But when put together it is very stable.
Made in Duluth Minnesota, and has a LT warranty.
Going to try it on some brush out in the field soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    617.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    585.9 KB · Views: 62
I dont practice "Bushcraft". Instructed a bit. But Bushcraft is a new buzz work like "Overlanding".

But my choice and suggestion are for certain full tang fixed, paired with a saw. F the hatchet or Forest Axe.

The Sven was my second foray into saws. Lotta great attributes on those saws. For me....the complete contained packability of the saw is genious. Slides right into so many stashable located. Brilliant

wyosteve

WKR
Had a couple and love them. If you want a free one, I'll tell you where one fell out of my saddle bag! Never could find it!

loved the sven saw but broke the frame from use. silky saw blade cracked in half while using in freezing temps for a few days. switched to bahco saw and theres no going back. cheaper and softer steel to prevent breakage

And the suburban Seattleites making featherstix and lighting micro fires on their picnic tables for the YouTubes....not as long

Not sure I need anymore "unboxing" videos or knife reviews that "can totally handle food prep chores around the kitchen"