Surefire Minimus headlamp

Bcleck90

WKR
Anyone use one? Any negatives? Reviews look positive, seems simple to operate, and I already have several Surefire lights in the mix.

Bronc

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had one since they first came out. I only use it during hunting seasons, and has worked flawlessly for years.

Shraggs

WKR
I also have one of the originals and occasionally use it. They are good high quality products but very overpriced for their performance imo. The best feature is a true flood pattern for around camp or night fishing. But not so much trail walking at night.

For hunting I’ll take a fenix or similar brand for a lot less money, significantly brighter with longer run times and a fraction of the weight.

I guess keep in mind mine is 12 years old and haven’t looked at the current version.

OP
B

Bcleck90

WKR
Thanks for the details @Shraggs. The main thing that interests me is it appears very easy to use. I know that probably sounds stupid but the other brands I’ve used are multi tap to this, multi tap to that. They drive me crazy.

Edit to add: most of my experience has been with Black Diamond. I’ll check out the Fenix.

I have one and many other SF lights. Great product. Works as advertised. American made. Nothing to dislike.

As noted, they are pricey and honestly I think SF tends to be a step behind in terms of innovation and product roll up. Streamlight is more bang for the buck IMO and sadly some of the stuff overseas works as well or better (more ilum or features) for a lot less money.

aaronoto

Lil-Rokslider
Zebralight all day every day over Surefire. I used to love Surefire, but they've done practically nothing over the last 5-10 years in terms of innovation.

Shraggs

WKR
On easy to use: that was part of my thought when I bought it. One Dail to go from on and dim thru bright. Problem is it is almost always 2 handed affair.

My fenix is push button on, push again for next higher level bright. Cycle to off. It was way simpler in use.