Suppressors

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
Due to finally seeing an audiologist and confirming some hearing loss, I am looking into an interchangeable suppressor for my rifles. On the surface, the process seems a little complicated, but I see where silencercentral pretty much does everything for you.

Any pros/cons to them? Seems like they have some good options in the $800-1,000 mark. All of my rifles will be .260 up to .280.

Seems like wait times are all over the board as well.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know how other companies are on paperwork, Silencer Central in my mind is number one in that area for sure.

As far as for multiple rifles, my personal opinion is there may be better options. Having said that, if I ever pick one up, it will certainly be a Silencer Central can 100%.

MichaelO

Lil-Rokslider
A do all suppressor doesn’t exist. Sounds like you need a 30 cal can. Some of the better options IMO if your not looking to spend a fortune are the YHM resonator and resonator k, Rex MG7 and whatever the new hotness is from otter creek labs.

You don’t have to spend 1k to get a decent can, if you wait and catch a sale you can get one with a stamp for under 700. For up to date wait times I’d point you towards Reddit r/nfa.

Musky

Lil-Rokslider
For hunting, go direct thread and thread all your barrels the same.
I've always wondered about this. I don't personally have a can yet. Why the preference for direct thread vs quick attach purely for hunting reasons?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Due to finally seeing an audiologist and confirming some hearing loss, I am looking into an interchangeable suppressor for my rifles. On the surface, the process seems a little complicated, but I see where silencercentral pretty much does everything for you.

Any pros/cons to them? Seems like they have some good options in the $800-1,000 mark. All of my rifles will be .260 up to .280.

Seems like wait times are all over the board as well.
Silencer central has both pros and cons. The cons are that they can be slow, planning an additional 3-5 weeks to get your silencer. They file the paperwork slowly on the front end and they have some dumb hoops to jump through at the end.

The pros are that they do make it easy and it ships right to your house. If you’re in a hurry there is probably a way to save you a month. But you don’t really care and you’re patient, they are an ok option.

I’ve bought 4 silencers from them. The first 2 were their banish silencers, I got the banish 30 and the banish 22. I don’t really use the banish 30 now that I’ve got a TBAC. The banish 22 is great and I actually like it better than my dead air mask 22 because it’s lighter and easier to clean while being just as quiet.

Keep in mind, silencer central can get you whatever you want but it seems like they have been expanding on their products over the past several months. I’ve got TBAC and dead air stuff from them.

I’d do a lot of research and figure out what sort of silencer you want for the type of hunting you do. It’s always a compromise.

eric1115

WKR
I'd also look into silencershop. Really makes the process easy like silencer central, without the extra month or more that a lot of SC customers seem to experience.

If there's a silencershop kiosk/dealer near you I'd definitely check them out.

I bought my first (and currently only) suppressor from Silencer Central. I'm happy with the suppressor itself (Banish 30) but was unimpressed with the speed of SC's process.

I placed my SC order on 3/17/22, and my eForm 4 was submitted to the ATF on 4/8/22. 22 days isn't egregious given the time required to mail fingerprint cards back and forth, but they could speed up this part of the process to some degree.

The more irritating delay came after the ATF approved my eForm 4. I received an approval notice from the ATF via email on 12/24/22 but didn't receive my suppressor until 2/7/23. Even accounting for the holidays in that timeframe and the local LEO notification requirement, 45 days between ATF approval and suppressor-in-hand is excessive IMO.

I'll be using a local gun shop for my next suppressor purchase.

Last edited:

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
I used a local dealer that goes through Silencer Shop. The front end took 3 days for them to prepare my documents, then October 7th to the 28th to have my eForm 4 ready to sign. My understanding is that the latter delay was due to the ATF needing to approve the Form 3 transfer to the local shop as they did not have what I want in stock and that the Form 4 cannot be submitted until that is approved. So, 24 days from when I paid to when I signed the eForm 4. The serial number of the can was assigned from inventory withing 15 minutes of paying.

WRO

WKR
I run thunder beast with Cb brakes and adapters. I find them very easy to attach and I plan on hunting some non suppressor legal states in the next few years so it saves me having to get a cover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigNate

WKR
We (son and I) have gone through LGSs using both silencer central and silencer shop. Didn't seem to be much different to me.

We both bought OSS cans first, but my son has bought CGS cans lately. They seem more quiet than the HUXworks but definitely have more blowback if you want to swap it onto a gas gun.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I run thunder beast with Cb brakes and adapters. I find them very easy to attach and I plan on hunting some non suppressor legal states in the next few years so it saves me having to get a cover.

That’s an option lots of guys like that move suppresses around.

Using a thread protector and direct thread suppressor is simple and much less expensive overall. Direct thread is usually lighter as well.

Choice depends on the goals and tradeoffs. I have both. For hunting I chose titanium direct thread after running a steel suppressor capable of both for my AR and hunting rifle.

For my first can I paid a lawyer to write up a trust, went to the local LE and got fingerprints, and filled out paperwork at the LGS where I purchased. The LGS effed up the paperwork and it ended up being nearly 2 years before I got my damn can. Whole process was a giant PITA.

After seeing @Reburn post his satisfaction with capital armory and seeing some less than stellar feedback in SS and SC, I bought a sico scythe from them recently. They make paperwork very easy and we had my eform ready and submitted a day after they received my fingerprints. I’m planning to buy another from them soon.

Scythe ti, enticer s-ti, AB raptor, TBAC ultra 7, Hyperion k, are all good options for a first general use can from my research. My current one and only is an ultra 7 and I’m happy with it.

Last edited:
I used silencer central twice. I am waiting on my backcountry to be delivered any time now. As far as I am concerned it was an easy process both times. They have a buy one get a .22 suppressor free right now. You can also call them and say you saw on OnX were they would waive the tax stamp fee if you don't want the 22 cal suppressor. I don't know if that promo is still going but when I did it the guy said okay and did not verify anything.

Silencer Central does nothing that Capitol Armory or Silencershop can’t do.

I’ve had poor experience with Sillencershop as it seems they to forever (10 days) to ship a non regulated gun part.

I’ve heard enough negative experiences with Silencer Central to never buy anything from them. And they promote their “user serviceable” cans which is a total farce that’s unnecessary.

Capitol Armory has been good to work with every time I have purchased from them whether it be suppressors or any other items.

Don’t overlook your local dealers either, they have a vested interest to see that you are satisfied with your purchase AND the process. You’ll save time if you can find a dealer that has what you want in stock and if they have a Silencershop kiosk that makes it even better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

WRO

WKR
That’s an option lots of guys like that move suppresses around.

Using a thread protector and direct thread suppressor is simple and much less expensive overall. Direct thread is usually lighter as well.

Choice depends on the goals and tradeoffs. I have both. For hunting I chose titanium direct thread after running a steel suppressor capable of both for my AR and hunting rifle.

All my rifles are either broke or suppressed with the exception of my 243. The cb brake is an acceptable option for me (there’s other’s I like better

ThatDUDE

WKR
I personally go with Silencer Shop. The process was very easy. I like the emails and communication they provide throughout the process. I like that I can check progress through my Silencer Shop account.

The whole initial process took less then an hour. That included putting three of us on a trust. My last two can purchases took less than 5 minutes in store. I ordered what I wanted, it was added to my account, then I just completed some forms as they came to my email over the next week. If I had known how simple it was I would have got a can years ago.

All of the major players have pros and cons. For your first one, I don’t think it matters that much which one you use. Just know that you are going to wait. If you are impatient or need instant gratification, then suppressors aren’t for you.

As far as which ones to look at, volume is the key indication of suppression. Weight is the next important aspect.

My recommendation is the Harvester EVO, Scythe Ti, Hyperion K, and AB Raptor 8, in no particular order.

If you do go through silencer central, I’d recommend not getting the banish 30. I have it, and in its 7” form it’s just not that good. Its 9” form is much better, but nowhere near other 9” cans out there.

I’ve bought 1 can through SC, 1 through a local shop, and I just ordered the Hyperion through Capital Armory.
-SC was easy but slow
-Local shop was just as easy if not easier, and much quicker. This would probably be my recommendation for you. Just find a local shop and they’ll walk you through it.
- Capitol Armory I’m too early in the process still to have an opinion. So far so good tho.