Suppressors and Scabbards

Procision Arms

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone have any tips or tricks on packing a suppressed rifle on a riding saddle?

I’ve had good luck packing them on a packhorse in an oversized trail max scabbard, but the riding saddle scabbard’s I’ve used don’t fit a suppressed rifle well at all.

I make my clients take them off, o won’t pack the box style scabbards unless they pay extra, to much of a PITA. Otherwise some have some oversized scabbards, I have a guy with a custom leather scabbard that fits his rifle and suppressor, but I tell them before hand what to bring them in and if they won’t fit they have to pay extra for the big scabbard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_volt

WKR
My gunsmith told me to never put my supressor in a scabbard. I either just don’t run one on a horse hunt or I carry mine and screw it on when I get off the horse.

SloppyJ

WKR
I think I'd just keep it on me until it was go time. I've been thinking about this same issue for a hunt next year. That's the conclusion I came to.

My father in law’s tikka full length barrel with tbac ultra7 fits in the leather brand Murdochs carries pretty nicely. He has a mark 5 scope on it too so good size scope.
I didn’t have any trouble rigging it up on his saddle.

I use a Trail Head that isn’t made anymore but for sure has plenty of room

OP
Procision Arms

Procision Arms

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
Rokslide Sponsor
My current solution I’m attempting. Frankenstein’d a mountain ridge gear horn bag with an old eberlestock scope cover that had MOLLE straps.

It’ll balance out ok with a saw or tripod hanging off the other side, but it’s not perfect yet.

Attachments

• IMG_4636.jpeg
    IMG_4636.jpeg
    262.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4635.jpeg
    IMG_4635.jpeg
    342 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_4634.jpeg
    IMG_4634.jpeg
    316.1 KB · Views: 25

yycyak

Lil-Rokslider
@Procision Arms Kind of reminds me of the "horn loop" way of the old days. Up north our Mounties used to carry the same way.

Attachments

• frederic-remington-illustration.jpg
    frederic-remington-illustration.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 11
  • MD-01.jpg
    MD-01.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 11
  • rcmp1879c-web_jpg.jpg
    rcmp1879c-web_jpg.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 11

WCB

WKR
Like others I would just take the suppressor off and put it on when it is time to shoot. I would also know my POI difference just incase you have to bail off and get a quick shot while riding.

Don't know if you have rode with your idea yet you have pictured but that looks like a complete pain in the ass. I could not stand something like that hanging off the front of my saddle.