Suppressor Timetables

I’m on the wait with Capital too, since early January. I went to an ups store and did the digital prints though.
I’m really tempted to call CA, but they have been responsive the whole way through that process and told me straight up in January, it could be a few days, or a year.

Yep
I’ve had a few questions and they’ve answered them remarkably quickly so I feel as though they’re doing their part.

Capital says once they have prints on file, that’s one less step I have to do and that now my prints are on file for future purchases.
I did fingerprints with SS probably in 2015 and haven’t had to do them ever again, even when I did paper Form 1s I just ordered printed out cards of my electronic prints from them to send in. Now you will need to update you mug shot yearly still.

TheCougar

WKR
I’m on the wait with Capital too, since early January. I went to an ups store and did the digital prints though.
I’m really tempted to call CA, but they have been responsive the whole way through that process and told me straight up in January, it could be a few days, or a year.
Same thing. Looks like a year for me… I got on the bandwagon early, once I heard that approvals were happening fast. Its been 6 weeks and it looks like I’m on the short bus again.

Grace859

FNG
This is encouraging to see suppressor approvals going so fast. Reminds me that I could really use a .22 suppressor…

SloppyJ

WKR
Same thing. Looks like a year for me… I got on the bandwagon early, once I heard that approvals were happening fast. Its been 6 weeks and it looks like I’m on the short bus again.
Same with me. Just short of a year for my first 4 cans. Once I saw this was serious I picked up 3 more. That was in march.... I'm still waiting for approval.

Ummmmm…you sure about the no need for prints? I’ve completed prints for every can I’ve submitted. Submitted two on same day. Still had to do two sets of prints that day.
Maybe someone would have input on my cans?
I feel ok hijacking the thread because OP has been approved and I havent lol!

Bought 2 through capitol armory last November/ December
Used their at home print card, they digitize and send off.
Then bought 2 more about 6 weeks ago, no need for prints then because they’re on file now.

Could be tomorrow, could be 6 months?
I have a clean record and haven’t moved addresses in 20 years
CO resident

Ummmmm…you sure about the no need for prints? I’ve completed prints for every can I’ve submitted. Submitted two on same day. Still had to do two sets of prints that day.

Only applies if I buy through Capital..but they now have my prints on file…
I don’t need to supply prints for any future purchases.
Says that on their site and didn’t need to for second purchase and my form 4 was mailed in March.

That is sweet. But you aren’t approved yet?
I’m in a profession that requires finger prints tri-annually. It’s stupid to have to pay every 3 years for job clearance.

Wished more people would adopt this policy.

SloppyJ

WKR
I sent capital armory my eft file and doing the paper work was super smooth. I'll use them again for sure. I know me not getting approved quickly isn't their fault.