Suppressor Timetables

matsprt

FNG
So this past Monday @ noon we submitted our paperwork (form 4) to ATF. I was told there was nothing more to do, just wait.
Today (Wednesday) I have an email saying my status has changed, I’m now “approved”. I’m assuming the LGS should be calling and tell me I’m good to come get my suppressor now ??
If I’m not missing something ATF turned that submission in a day / day and a half. Or is there another step ??

cfounta1

FNG
Now is the time to buy a suppressor. I put it off for years but have bought 3 in the last 6 months. All have been approved.

OP
matsprt

matsprt

FNG
So I went through the Silencer Shop’s kiosk. It took longer to fill out paperwork, submit fingerprints and photo than anything else.
Literally Monday noon to the approval hitting my in-box at 5am Wednesday.
As mentioned if you want one buy them now. No telling what the future holds and how things will change (probably not for the better).

OP
matsprt

matsprt

FNG
Ugh, I want some more but nothing is in stock.
Yup, I got the last EVO Harvester at our LGS.
It’s going on a new 300 WM Benelli LUPO. I’m venturing into techy country. Have the Sig Sierra 6BDX scope and compatible RF. I’ll be out at the range in a week (I Hope) to see if they all talk to each other. Break in the barrel and zero the scope.

Loo.wii

WKR
So this past Monday @ noon we submitted our paperwork (form 4) to ATF. I was told there was nothing more to do, just wait.
Today (Wednesday) I have an email saying my status has changed, I’m now “approved”. I’m assuming the LGS should be calling and tell me I’m good to come get my suppressor now ??
If I’m not missing something ATF turned that submission in a day / day and a half. Or is there another step ??
It’s a recent phenomenon don’t complain too much. Check out R/nfa on Reddit to see some serious data analysis on the subject

Maybe someone would have input on my cans?
I feel ok hijacking the thread because OP has been approved and I havent lol!

Bought 2 through capitol armory last November/ December
Used their at home print card, they digitize and send off.
Then bought 2 more about 6 weeks ago, no need for prints then because they’re on file now.

Could be tomorrow, could be 6 months?
I have a clean record and haven’t moved addresses in 20 years
CO resident

Then bought 2 more about 6 weeks ago, no need for prints then because they’re on file now.

CO resident

Assume that you applied as a trust rather than an individual?

Individual ATF form 4 applicants are processing frequently in days or weeks. Trusts seem to still frequently take multiple months.

Loo.wii

WKR

CO resident
If I’m not mistaken you need to resubmit your prints

I just picked one up yesterday. Took a week to get "certified" after paying for the can at the LGS. Did that paperwork last Friday at 5:00. Got the email mid-day on Tuesday. So yeah, 1.5 business days for approval.

All the on-line places seem pretty much sold out, but the local Silencer Shop "stocking dealer" had plenty on the shelf and more coming every week. They were flying out the door though with these turn around times.

11boo

WKR

CO resident
I’m on the wait with Capital too, since early January. I went to an ups store and did the digital prints though.
I’m really tempted to call CA, but they have been responsive the whole way through that process and told me straight up in January, it could be a few days, or a year.

Bluefish

WKR
Individuals seem to be quick. Trusts, not so much. I have 6 outstanding, including a form 1 from October. I did get notification that my nics delay cleared yesterday, but still no approvals. Got my senator involved and that seemed to help, but still took 2 weeks from them requesting an update to get my nics delay cleared.

It really looks to me that the atf doesn’t like trusts and is doing what they can to push people to individual submissions, not a trust.

tdhanses

WKR
Yeah I created a trust, don’t expect an approval for 4-6 months. Sounds like the atf is currently working on submissions from Oct-Dec last year currently for trusts.

MayDae

FNG
....*sigh*...one day.

California is....well...I'm sure ya'll have heard the stories.

gman82001

WKR
Submitted Thursday evening I’m pissed it’s not approved yet 😂 crazy turnaround times my last 2 were 11&9 months lol fingers crossed it’ll just be a short one this time