Suppressor purchase issue. Advise needed

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
If you want another suppressor I would recommend SilencerShop.com. I have bought two from them and it is pretty damn easy. You upload your trust to them, and if you pick a store they partner with, then they will have a SilencerShop kiosk that will do your finger prints and photos for you. My wife and I were able to get it done in no time. Also, they take care of all paperwork.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Yes. The shop I'm dealing with just got one of those kiosk.

I can vision a few more silencers in my future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dvm_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'd never use that shop again imo. Too many good gun dealers to deal with stupidity or plain carelessness. Personally, I'd buy a 5.56 with a 20" barel and use that for coyotes anyway. Cheaper to shoot and is definitely good enough for coyotes. Order a .30 cal can and just wait on it, you already have the rifle. I have an M4-2000 from AAC for my 5.56 and it's been great.

Hall256

WKR
If you are interested in a good deal on a 5.56 I have a brand new Daniel Defense up for sale. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

JigStick

WKR
My local shops will not deal with SilencerShop. And I don't blame them. They won't even transfer items in from them. They are the walmart of silencers. And good luck with any CS issues. Id much rather support my local NFA shop, and have a personal relationship with the individual assisting me with these kinds of purchases.

Brado16

WKR
Not that much. It only requires that the responsible party in the trust submit (send a copy) of the form to their local Chief Law Enforcement Officer. That is it. And get this, any changes to any of the parties or responsible persons do not require additional notification to anyone, you just change the trust again. Big deal.

Good to know. I thought fingerprints and photos were now required for everyone in the trust. I'll have to re read it again.

I beleive the above was incorrect info, all resposnible parties now need to also include fingerprints and photos.

Also, when you filled out your Assignement of Property form to submit your form 4 for your trust, you had to list the manufacture, model and Caliber of the Can, and then sign your signature. Make sure to check the caliber listed before you sign next time :rolleyes:

OP
Kilboars

Kilboars

WKR
Y'all ready for this?

So I get the call for the gun shop and they contacted ATF and ATF said no problem. Just write void and send it back with the new suppressor number and they would get the new stamp out to me in a couple of weeks. How great is that.

Really appreciate the gun shop working to take care of the issue. Didn't want to put their name down but if your in South FL they are a fantastic gun shop with everything.

Guns and Range Training Center | Gun Store & Shooting Range

He also mentioned SilencerCo is making a 9mm pistol with built in suppressor.

ebhegele

FNG
not to be a dick but its a pet peeve. its ADVICE

secondly, buy and always buy 762 cans because you can mount them on your 556 or your 762 (or 6.8, 6.5, etc etc)

my first suppressor was for a 556 and thats all it'll do, kinda lame, some 762 cans are even rated for a 300 wm.

I love my new thunder beast can

Northernpiker

WKR
Classified Approved
Y'all ready for this?

So I get the call for the gun shop and they contacted ATF and ATF said no problem. Just write void and send it back with the new suppressor number and they would get the new stamp out to me in a couple of weeks. How great is that.

Really appreciate the gun shop working to take care of the issue. Didn't want to put their name down but if your in South FL they are a fantastic gun shop with everything.

Guns and Range Training Center | Gun Store & Shooting Range

He also mentioned SilencerCo is making a 9mm pistol with built in suppressor.

Too bad...would've been a good reason for another gun!