Suppressor 300wsm

Daniel15

FNG
Got a Christensen Ridgeline fft in 300wsm and I want to suppress it. I don’t have any experience with suppressor and looking for recommendations. I’ve looked at the harvester, ultra 7, and raptor 8 but I’m open to anything

wyogoat

WKR
I have the Ultra 7 and really like it. There are a lot of good ones but I don’t think I’ve ever heard a negative thing about the TB cans if the price difference isn’t a deal breaker. The titanium is nice and a little easier to clean out.
For full disclosure I’ve only shot mine on a 6.5 CM, .223 and a .308.

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
I have the Ultra 7 and really like it. There are a lot of good ones but I don’t think I’ve ever heard a negative thing about the TB cans if the price difference isn’t a deal breaker. The titanium is nice and a little easier to clean out.
For full disclosure I’ve only shot mine on a 6.5 CM, .223 and a .308.
Yea I’ve heard basically nothing but good things about it. Just trying to decide if it’s worth spending the extra money lol

wyogoat

WKR
I get that. I like mine but not sure I’d do the same thing again for that reason. Lots of guys have great luck with lots of other options.

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
I get that. I like mine but not sure I’d do the same thing again for that reason. Lots of guys have great luck with lots of other options.
But gonna try to not let a couple hundred dollars keep me from getting the better can

TheHammer

WKR
I have a handful of 30 suppressors and the scythe-ti is my new favorite for weight and length conscious setups. Actually tested one on a wsm. Otherwise coincidentally on a hunting rig the omega with direct threads and flush end cap is a great choice. All depends what you want out of it.

axeforce6

WKR
You’ll get a lot of opinions. I stick with reputable companies that has been around for awhile. I use silencerco products. I have a couple omega 300’s. Hybrid 46. Omega 36m. A few pistol caliber suppressors as well. I’m very pleased with my omega 300. I do shoot a 20” 300wsm on it. It does a great job. I have zero complaints. I’d swap the cap to a regular cap and loose the anchor brake though.

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
I have a handful of 30 suppressors and the scythe-ti is my new favorite for weight and length conscious setups. Actually tested one on a wsm. Otherwise coincidentally on a hunting rig the omega with direct threads and flush end cap is a great choice. All depends what you want out of it.
The scythe does look pretty sweet. Digging how light and short it is

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
You’ll get a lot of opinions. I stick with reputable companies that has been around for awhile. I use silencerco products. I have a couple omega 300’s. Hybrid 46. Omega 36m. A few pistol caliber suppressors as well. I’m very pleased with my omega 300. I do shoot a 20” 300wsm on it. It does a great job. I have zero complaints. I’d swap the cap to a regular cap and loose the anchor brake though.
Yea I looked at those but I’m prolly just overthinking the weight thing as compared to some of the others. Doubt those few ounces will make much of a difference

TheHammer

WKR
Yea I looked at those but I’m prolly just overthinking the weight thing as compared to some of the others. Doubt those few ounces will make much of a difference
Flush end cap and direct thread, only adds 5.6” to OAL

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 31
I have 3 Griffin Sporstman Ultralights and one OG Sportsman for my 30 cal hunting cans, they are great for the price, with one of the better mount systems on the market. I will be adding a Scythe to my primary hunting rifle (300WSM) though, a bit lighter and a bit shorter, other than that I'd be getting the most comparable TBAC, Ultra 5 I think.

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
I have 3 Griffin Sporstman Ultralights and one OG Sportsman for my 30 cal hunting cans, they are great for the price, with one of the better mount systems on the market. I will be adding a Scythe to my primary hunting rifle (300WSM) though, a bit lighter and a bit shorter, other than that I'd be getting the most comparable TBAC, Ultra 5 I think.
Haven’t heard of griffin yet but yea the scythe does seem like a pretty good option

Tl15

Lil-Rokslider
There’s no excuse to not run Titanium cans these days. I run a Dead Air Nomad LT on my 300 WSM and it’s brilliant. I’ve got the shorter Nomad Ti and wouldn’t hesitate to run it on the WSM either, but the extra volume of the LT helps. They handily outperform the TBAC Ultra 7 and 9 respectively. The only can I’d consider trading my Nomad Ti in for is the new Scythe. It’s just a killer package. The Nomad LT has no peer other than the Hyperion.

OP
D

Daniel15

FNG
There’s no excuse to not run Titanium cans these days. I run a Dead Air Nomad LT on my 300 WSM and it’s brilliant. I’ve got the shorter Nomad Ti and wouldn’t hesitate to run it on the WSM either, but the extra volume of the LT helps. They handily outperform the TBAC Ultra 7 and 9 respectively. The only can I’d consider trading my Nomad Ti in for is the new Scythe. It’s just a killer package. The Nomad LT has no peer other than the Hyperion.
Yea I’ll definitely be going with a titanium can. But That surprises me. Seems the ultra line is one of the better options. But the scythe is looking like a great choice at this point