Super Kodiak value

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Hello. I'll start w/ I'm not a traditional shooter so apologize for jumping on the forum. I do respect the heck out of the discipline though. I have a Fred Bear super Kodiak that's been collecting dust for over 15 years now. I'm the original owner & probably shot it less than a dozen times. Now that my shoulder is shot I'm interested in selling it but have no idea what its value is & could not find any used ones to compare. I would appreciate some advice on an asking price. Thank you

Attachments

• 2530CAC1-CB1B-41C5-93B4-B6D1E65D8468.jpeg
    2530CAC1-CB1B-41C5-93B4-B6D1E65D8468.jpeg
    280.4 KB · Views: 44

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome j3butch! A new Super k goes for around $580. If yours is a great condition, I think you could ask $350-450. Draw weight is important with heavy bows - 60 and over being tougher to sell these days. If yours draws 45-55 you should have no trouble selling it. Good luck!

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome j3butch! A new Super k goes for around $580. If yours is a great condition, I think you could ask $350-450. Draw weight is important with heavy bows - 60 and over being tougher to sell these days. If yours draws 45-55 you should have no trouble selling it. Good luck!
Thank you. This is a dumb question but how can you tell what the draw weight is, I looked over the limbs and riser and could not find any indication.

smoke

Lil-Rokslider
Hmmm . . . to my knowledge all Bear bows have the AMO length and draw weight printed on the riser or limbs. If yours does not, I wonder if it was modified in some way. Can you post pictures of it?

If there are no numbers painted on you will need to use a bow scale to measure weight, this is traditionally done at 28” draw length .

A bow shop can help you, they often can sell it on consignment as well

oldgoat

WKR
It ain't worth a lot, it's basically a modern reproduction of the original, biggest problem is it's a one piece so shipping will be a pain and expensive, if you don't have a bow shop that will put it on consignment, I'd put it on Craig's List for local pickup and mark it around $350 obo, maybe start at $400 and hope

Specs will be written on the riser, below the grip. Left side, or the cutout side of a right handed bow.

The modern bows don't have huge demand. If it's 45# or less, I'd say $350. If it's over 50# you are probably going to struggle to get $300, that's assuming really good shape, straight, no marks.

tuffcity

WKR
"The Super K's have it marked on the riser, below the grip."

Look for something written on the limb such as "45# @ 28" or similar also the bow length is usually on it as well IE: 56"

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I sold mine a few months ago for 350.00 locally. If it’s an older one without inserts for a quiver, you may get a bit more but you’d probably have to mail it. The worst thing about bear bows is they aren’t good and they are hard to get rid of.

OP
j3butch

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the insight. I did find the info on the bow. Duh!

Attachments

• F4A534AC-75C5-464F-813D-C7A16A44AEAC.jpeg
    F4A534AC-75C5-464F-813D-C7A16A44AEAC.jpeg
    222.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the insight. I did find the info on the bow. Duh!

If I remember correctly-
SK = Super Kodiak
07 = Built in 2007
271 = it was the 271 bow built that year.

Then it's of course the Amo length and draw weight @ 28". They use to put +,- on the draw weight to indicate if it was actually over or under, but they stopped that a long time ago.

amansfi2

FNG
Hello. I'll start w/ I'm not a traditional shooter so apologize for jumping on the forum. I do respect the heck out of the discipline though. I have a Fred Bear super Kodiak that's been collecting dust for over 15 years now. I'm the original owner & probably shot it less than a dozen times. Now that my shoulder is shot I'm interested in selling it but have no idea what its value is & could not find any used ones to compare. I would appreciate some advice on an asking price. Thank you
Great looking bow. I would say around $350 dollars. I am currently on the hunt for a Grayling ear Bear Super Kodiak in the #45 range.