Suinto Core

Beastmode

WKR
Searched but couldn't find a whole lot of information on it. Who has one and how do you like it? Easy to use? Accurate? Thanks guys and gals.

And I meant suunto sorry for the typing issue.

OBP

WKR
I've had the suunto core for four years now. I've had to replace the battery once but other than that it's worked great. The compass is accurate, altitude is always real close to my gps, the temp always runs about 10 degrees high on my arm but is accurate if I take it off for a few minutes.

My Harem

FNG
I really like mine. I got ribbed a bit by some buddies but inevitably they are asking hight of the last climb, elevation......etc
I really like it for journaling my trips. When you say how many vertical feet you climbed on a trip you know it is a minimum not an exageration.

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
Beastmode...I am sorry I missed you question on the thread I started.
I have had mine for more than a month and I really like it. Not much elevation readings to take here in TX but I like all the other functions. Easy to operate and use. Like anything electronic you just have to play with it a while...I don't think the instructions are very good but you can learn quickly.

I am very happy with my purchase!

OP
Beastmode

Beastmode

WKR
Beastmode...I am sorry I missed you question on the thread I started.
I have had mine for more than a month and I really like it. Not much elevation readings to take here in TX but I like all the other functions. Easy to operate and use. Like anything electronic you just have to play with it a while...I don't think the instructions are very good but you can learn quickly.

I am very happy with my purchase!

Thank you dr. I was hoping you were going to respond since I knew you just got one. Thank you everyone else for your responses. Looks like I am going to get one!

Grant

drthornton

Lil-Rokslider
I'll also say that it seems superior to the other 3 sensor watch I owned. I had a Casio Pathfinder and it crapped out while changing the battery. Changing the battery in the Sunnto is very simple!

tradair1980

Lil-Rokslider
I like mine alot . Its a bit off on the altitude anywhere from -30 to -400 but its really easy to operate and has quite a few different screens to look at. I will buy one again if I have too.

G Posik

WKR
attachment.php

Actually had to change the battery the other day. I have had it for 4 years now. It is starting to show its age a little. I am not very gentle on it. I find the compass is really close and the alt is within a few feet. If I have to buy another watch I will buy another one.

Glenn

swat8888

WKR
I like mine for the most part. My battery needs to be replaced at least twice a year...big deal they cost like $2. Elevation feature is my favorite....I really never screw around with the barometer stuff so I have no idea how accurate it is or how accurate their "storm predictor" function is. I have two pieces of advice if you do buy one:

1. Ensure your battery is good before you go on a backcountry hunt...the first sign that the battery is low is that you can barely read the screen in the dark when you hit the light button.

2. Ensure you know how to unlock the damn thing....on last years hunt I accidentally locked it during my hunt and for the life of me could not get the damn thing unlocked....its super easy to do, if you remember how to do it.

I trolled on ebay for awhile and finally picked mine up for about $190. Military/law enforcement can get a pro deal through promotive...not sure if that applies to you or not.

tstowater

WKR
I've had an Observer that I have used on all of my hunting trips for at least 8 years. Replace batteries periodically and works like a charm. More bells and whistles than I can handle. Suunto makes a good product. Another thing to add to cost of hunting gear on other thread.

Last edited: