Straps!

Alright so I've had a few trips with my T1 from day pack chasing antelope to overnight scouting trips, and while I love the pack, the straps hanging everywhere with the pack compressed is gettin slightly annoying. Ive been storing them in the elastic webbing but I'm a little too OCD for that.... anybody got a slick trick for keeping strap tails tied up yet easily accessible??

Mike

littlebuf

Banned
i just tuck um where ever.Ive got a touch of ocd too but its not that bad.when the thing is fully expanded there not that bad.i guess you could get yourself some velcro for them

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hate to say this, but Mystery Ranch makes an item called a Web Keeper that work perfectly for what your asking. Check out the website, they are under accessories on their hunting side of things. I would post a link, but I don't know if that is ok on this site.

OP
HellsCanyon
I've seen Velcro before but wanted to see if anybody had any cool solutions. I just want something that I can adjust for when I plan to be day hunting then adjust again when I'm extending the capacity.

On overnight scouting trips the straps are manageable, but for day pack mode having 6-8 straps that are 10-15" long gets out of hand for me...

Mike

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
The MR keepers Are as good as any option I have ever used or even seen. I have mutilated my straps with a knife do my straps are not that bad.

Beastmode

WKR
I hate to say this, but Mystery Ranch makes an item called a Web Keeper that work perfectly for what your asking. Check out the website, they are under accessories on their hunting side of things. I would post a link, but I don't know if that is ok on this site.

Why do u hate to say that. Mystery Ranch makes great stuff.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not saying they don't, have owned many of their packs and the are built like a brick $hit house. I have never heard of any of their packs failing. But I am a Kifaru supporter and Kifaru is a huge sponsor of this site.

It is also hard to have a sarcastic tone via a text, but said half heatedly joking also. MR is top notch product built right here in USA.

broncoformudv

Lil-Rokslider

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Guys,

We've been testing several options for the strap issue and this is the lightest and best option so far....

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=726&ParentCat=30

You just attach stretch cord to the toggle, roll up the extra webbing and then wrap the cord over the T in the toggle. These can be unstrapped with one hand and are lighter than the other options.

We can offer these at Kifaru (it has been discussed), but it will be cheaper for you guys to order them from Supply Captain at the moment.

OP
HellsCanyon
Hey Guys,

We've been testing several options for the strap issue and this is the lightest and best option so far....

http://www.supplycaptain.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_ID=726&ParentCat=30

You just attach stretch cord to the toggle, roll up the extra webbing and then wrap the cord over the T in the toggle. These can be unstrapped with one hand and are lighter than the other options.

We can offer these at Kifaru (it has been discussed), but it will be cheaper for you guys to order them from Supply Captain at the moment.

Another cool little gadget for sure! Only thing I would prefer about the previous strap retainers would be they stay attached to the straps and are less likely to be lost. But I guess they would be a bit heavier as well.... hmmmm decisions! :) Thanks for the link Aaron!

Mike

The Quick-Slip Keeper is another option, it slides onto your webbing and you can position it where you want. They came on some packs I bought in the past.

http://www.rockywoods.com/Other-Hardware/Quik-Slip-Keeper

Another option, and this is where being past the 50-year mark helps sometimes, is to use a simple elastic band, like the material found in waistband of pants and jockey briefs. These were on the ALICE packs in the 70's & 80's and worked well. Make a ring of it and slide it down the strap to where it connects to the pack. It can't be lost that way and when you have the strap set where you want it you just fold up the excess strap and stick it into the elastic loop.

I just called Tactical Tailor and they have them in stock. They are called Retaining Bands are found on this page on their web site, http://www.tacticaltailor.com/accessories/misc/retaining-bands. You can get them in 1-inch or 2-inch widths, but both widths expand to the same size. They come in ACU, Black, Coyote Brown, and Olive Drab (OD). A pack of six goes for $4.25, the ACU color is on sale for $3.19.