Strangest/Coolest Sightings You Have Had While Outdooors

OP
B

bearguide

ME AND REBECCA watched two bears do it at 15 yrds

I saw a moose out here in the midwest in the middle of a corn field. I always thought moose, like coconuts, were non-migraterating . . .

I saw two otters in the river hunting and taking fish. It was one of the coolest things. It was like watching fish in an aquarium, it had a strangely calming and relaxing feeling to watch them at their effortless and jovial play. I think I spent 30-45 minutes watching them do their thing, but it only felt like a fraction of that time.

In the Salmon river country of Idaho I found an old plane crash site. I was able to report it to the forest service office I was working with at the time and it was confirmed as a lost forest service plane from the 1950-60 time frame.

I agree with Billy's post. I am reminded of the quote about people who fish their whole lives and never realize that its not the fish that they are after.

The more I work inside all year I enjoy the 2 weeks I take a year for elk hunting. I think everybody would think I am crazy if I told them that I back packed and slept on the ground in the wilderness for 2 weeks for my vacation. But when I mention that I am hunting for elk it seems to legitimize it more. Make no mistakes, I certainly have had my share of hunts that ended up "hikeing with a bow" and no harvest but I have had a great experience nonetheless.

Respect between males of two seperate species, imagine how pissed that boar would have been if you had interupted him in the middle of great bear sex! Isn't that how every guy wants to die, during or immediately after?