Straightness tolerance Vap tko

Rbattles

FNG
Looking into getting some Vap tko arrows to shoot from my v3 31. 30” draw 75lbs. I was just curious on everyone’s thoughts on how big of a difference the straightness tolerance makes in every day target practice and hunting scenarios. There is a $10-15 difference in each choice. Before I went with the elite I wanted to make sure that it was truly beneficial enough to pay the extra price. Thanks for any input

OR Archer

WKR
For hunting/practice the .003 tolerance shafts are perfectly fine. Most shooters couldn’t tell any difference between those and the .001 tolerance shafts anyway.

OP
R

Rbattles

FNG
For hunting/practice the .003 tolerance shafts are perfectly fine. Most shooters couldn’t tell any difference between those and the .001 tolerance shafts anyway.
Ok thanks. Also I’d like to know if factory fletchings or wrapped and fletched arrows really make a big enough difference too? Thanks for the help

For me it's always worth spending the little extra for straighter shafts. I have found that straighter shafts fly broadheads into tighter groups. Lots more at play than just straightness tho, but when you factor in overall cost of hunting arrows the $20 ain't much.

I actually don't worry about it as much for target shafts, I have found that it doesn't matter as much there.

BullsDeep

Lil-Rokslider
I've always shot the victory elites, doesn't bother me to buy the best available instead of left wondering just my opinion tho... also I buy the bare shafts and put a helical on all my arrows. No wrap

OP
R

Rbattles

FNG
For me it's always worth spending the little extra for straighter shafts. I have found that straighter shafts fly broadheads into tighter groups. Lots more at play than just straightness tho, but when you factor in overall cost of hunting arrows the $20 ain't much.

I actually don't worry about it as much for target shafts, I have found that it doesn't matter as much there.
Thanks for the help
I've always shot the victory elites, doesn't bother me to buy the best available instead of left wondering just my opinion tho... also I buy the bare shafts and put a helical on all my arrows. No w

Your fletching will depend on mainly your broadhead selection. The more drag that the front of the shaft has, the more you need on the back to counter it.

Think bigger surface area in the front, need more surface area in the back. Helical offers more drag than a straight offset. Smaller vanes with more helical can get a similar or equal effect as larger vanes with offset.

Different ways to skin a cat.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I haven’t noticed any benefit between 0.003 and 0.006 tolerances. If you think it matters, then spend more money. If you don’t, then save some money.