Straight, Offset, or Helical Fletching

Helical for me. 4 fletch to be exact. I think helical four fletch is more forgiving and provides better flight and broadhead steering than three vane. Helical is better than strait

mtbshark

WKR
second one for helical, only way to go in my book.
as far as 3 or 4 shoot what works best for you and your bow. Up until recentlyIi have been shooting 3, but my broadheads where always just a hair off field points. SoIi tried out 4 and it put them on spot with field points. I will probably go back to 3 for summer 3d shooting, 7 grains less weight so tad bit faster. I need all the help I can get!

swat8888

WKR
Helical 4 vane, couldn't really tell the difference between 3 and 4, just liked the looks and my field points and BHs are dead on, kinda of a PITA to fletch.

Definitely go helical. You probably won't notice a big difference when shooting field points, but they really help control broadheads better than straight or offset.

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
I too run a helical 3 fletch, and I second the Arizona EZ fletch. Nice little jig

a3dhunter

WKR
What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?? What are you running??

Helical fletching keeps your broadhead spinning to prevent wind planing. Not important with a field point, but plenty important with blades on the front of the arrow that can act like wings.
Typically an arrow with helical fletch will group tighter than one without.
Thus QuickSpins' claim of getting tighter groups by producing more rotation of the arrow.

jmez

WKR
I shoot Blazers with Helical, as much as I can get on them and still keep them on the shaft.

Helical is best for accuracy with hunting arrows. The more helical the more the arrow will spin and stabilize in flight. Offset is better than straight as it will provide more spin but not as much as helical.

vcb

WKR
I agree. I'm gonna start playing with the new dozen injections I bought and the front and back of the blazer is going to be on the edge!