Stove Comparison Video.

cmeier117

WKR
Hey guys I put together a little video of a couple stoves I have. The Jetboil Zip vs the SOTO OD-1R. I have had the Zip for awhile but wanted something that was lighter weight. The SOTO will be my dad's stove so I can get real testing this fall. (I am stuck in house arrest because my son is due in a week and the wife won't let me leave the house.)

Weight wise the Zip is a little over 12 oz. $75 msrp
The SOTO and GI outdoors haulite minimalist cup is 9.3oz and is much smaller. About $85 msrp. The GSI minimalist is a very nice lightweight mug that cost $25.

Boil time was:
Zip- 2:20
SOTO-3:30

I was shocked at how much more efficient the jetboil was even thought the SOTO burner was bigger. So after I shot this video I boiled water in the Jetboil cup on the SOTO stove and it took 1:40. So if you want ultra light and fast burning and money isn't a issue I would look at the Jetboil Sol Titanium cup and the SOTO burner and wind screen. Should put you at 9.5 oz. Water was cold tap water BTW.

Last edited:
Keep us posted on that baby too! We have one with an expected shipping date of December 10th, six days before child number two's first birthday. She was backordered for three years. I guess we broke the seal.

Thanks for the video.

Curtis C

WKR
I use a Soto OD 1R with a Snow Peak Ti 700 cup, and like this setup quite well. The JB SOL models use a regulator very similar to the one in the Soto. I have never used a JB Sol but I figure it is much faster to boil than my current setup.

Thanks for posting up the video

C

OP
cmeier117

cmeier117

WKR
Keep us posted on that baby too! We have one with an expected shipping date of December 10th, six days before child number two's first birthday. She was backordered for three years. I guess we broke the seal.

Thanks for the video.

Will do! We have been married 2.5 years and have 2 kids... I guess you can call us lucky. ;)

6t4nova

WKR

Thanks for the video.

Sounds like we placed orders around the same time! Our first is due on Dec 4th.