Stop my wife from having my critters mounted

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
When we were dating, she said she'd never have animal heads hanging on the walls unless it's at a cabin. Last year I shot my first mule deer buck and she thought he "looked cute". She decided to get a measly little 4x3 mounted and already named him Wilbur and he's not even back from the taxidermist yet.

This year, I'm specifically targeting a bull elk for the first time and she's already dedicated a budget to mounting it and priced out a bear rug in case i see a bear. I told her tonight we're only mounting the elk if it's a 6x6 or maybe a giant 5x5 or better. She then said, "well, we will see if he's cute and if I want to name him but a 3x3 would be big right?" How do I get her to stop trying to get every critter I shoot mounted? LOL.

The only good news, I can hang them wherever I want including above the living room TV.

MattB

WKR
This thread is not about what the title led me to believe it was….

It is great she is supportive of you having mounts in the house but they are ultimately your successes and memories so you should be the one to make the decision.

OP
W

whoami-72

Lil-Rokslider
This thread is not about what the title led me to believe it was….

It is great she is supportive of you having mounts in the house but they are ultimately your successes and memories so you should be the one to make the decision.
Hahahahahhaahah I didn't realize how great of a title "stop my wife from mounting everything" actually is. I wish I could've left it lol

Just let her run with it. Eventually the newness will wear off. Besides, it'll just be memories 20 years from now for both of you when you look back and see the humor in it...

Scoot

WKR
Call me crazy here... man up and tell her "no". I'm not exactly a tough guy husband and I don't make all the decisions in my household like a dictator, but if I shoot an animal, I'll decide if it gets mounted or not. Do you get to decide which purse she buys and what she puts in it?

Guys, OP is humble-bragging here. He has a cool wife! Evidence:

1) she's capable of changing her mind
2) she budgets before she buys
3) she's cool with dead shit in the family room
4) she has a sense of humor

On the off-chance my wife ever developed these skills I'd keep my mouth shut and stay out of the way.

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
My new wife was fine with the flying pheasant, bear skull & rug, whitetail euro & shoulder mounts, bison skull and bison shoulder mount but apparently I have been informed that a full sized piebald buck is a bridge to far.

Which is a shame as we are now up to 7 piebald deer with more each year so there is an increasing possibility that it may happen.