Stone glacier xcurve waist belt setup

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
My brother has a stone glacier xcurve frame and his hips keep getting rubbed raw. Pretty much to the point of blood. He typically just deals with it. How do you properly adjust the waist belt? It has the two straps on each side toward the back. My guess is these are supposed to be adjusted a specific way. Called stone glacier and they didn’t offer much help. He has a 32-34” waist with a medium belt. Thanks

sr80

WKR
i try to keep those straps on the belt kinda loose, i find that more comfortable. I also found that the SG belt is kind of firm compared to other belts, and do sometimes find it uncomfortable. I started to wear it a hair lower than most packs and find that worked for me, so that the bottom of the belt just overlaps my pants belt.

Hoosker Doo

Lil-Rokslider
Is he wearing it too loose? I have the same setup, and am wondering how there's enough play to rub. I keep my straps snug and there's no rubbing whatsoever. I wear it so belt rides between my beltline and my bellybutton.

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
He’s tried keeping the main tensioning strap tight af and that didn’t seem to help. Maybe he needs to loosen those rear straps up then. How do you know how much tension they need. How do you adjust.., Do you tighten the main strap then the ones on sides or other way around?

I tighten both of the 1” straps on the sides so when I tighten the main strap the belt wraps around my iliac crest. The belt doesn’t move very much when properly tensioned.

JCohHTX

FNG
I would call SG again and ask for more help getting the pack set up. They have always been very helpful for me. Personally, I wear the belt real tight so don't see how it could move. Is he wearing a belt or pants with a thick belt loops or something?

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I would call SG again and ask for more help getting the pack set up. They have always been very helpful for me. Personally, I wear the belt real tight so don't see how it could move. Is he wearing a belt or pants with a thick belt loops or something?
No and he’s a real skinny guy too. He said he’s tried making it extremely tight and it doesn’t help. Thought he needed to build up a tolerance to the rubbing lol. I told him something isn’t right because my Kifaru has never done that to me

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
Kurt is pretty active on here maybe he will see this and help you out, they just released a proper pack fitting/ setup video about a month or two ago and it really opened my eyes to how I was fitting my pack wrong maybe start there. Also if he is real skinny maybe he needs a small belt. I’m far from skinny, wear a 33-34 pants and wear their medium belt