Stone Glacier Tokeen 2600 day pack review (forth coming)

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, every time I have visited the page it says 'coming soon'

Yeah they had one run and sold them out pretty quickly.

Lawnboi

WKR
Being that you have some time on it now I’m curious on your thoughts on the fabric? Specifically noise after being broken in?

Iv got a terminus coming, planning on it as a do it all. Only ever used xpac and cordura so wondering how this compares.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Being that you have some time on it now I’m curious on your thoughts on the fabric? Specifically noise after being broken in?

Iv got a terminus coming, planning on it as a do it all. Only ever used xpac and cordura so wondering how this compares.

I’d say Ultra falls right in between Cordura and XPac, noise wise. Nothing scientific, but I’m pretty sure the pack is quieter than when new. Even new, it’s quieter than XPac.

Will it get quieter yet, not sure.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
@mtwarden looking at this day back hard sounds like a 10 at this stage especially at its weight ?

Ross - it’s a solid pack for sure; you’re not going to want to load up a ton with just two carbon stays/plastic sheet for a frame. But that’s not what SG designed it for either. It certainly could be used in conjunction with one of their hauling frames as a day hunting/meat hauler though.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting, every time I have visited the page it says 'coming soon'

Challenge has been struggling with production of UltraPE. If you come across a used one or catch the restock, it might be your only chance for awhile.
Scheels in Johnstown Co had one when I was there Saturday. Don’t know if they will pull from the floor and ship.

jmsdad

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a Tokeen in January '24. I have around 100miles with it. Longest hike to date is 16miles round trip from Stinson Beach to Mt. Tamalpais east peak in San Raphael, CA with around 17lbs water/gear. Very streamlined bag and carries well, better than the Avail I sold a few years ago. My only gripe is no forward hip belt pulls and I would prefer external stretchy pockets on the sides for easy water bottle carry/access.

Just today, I finished sewing in a couple of loops for the hip belt forward pulls. Works well and will see use in a few weeks in Cloud's Rest in Yosemite.

feyreet.jpg

2gS8Cdq.jpg