Stone glacier frame height.

c5mrr270

WKR
Does anyone know how tall the Stone Glacier Krux frame is (ex. 24", 26", etc.)? I'm just curious because I'm thinking about giving one a try and a 24" frame is about perfect for me. Anything above that is just wasted space/lift.

KRUX is 9.5"x26". It is DEFINITELY NOT wasted space having a few extra inches. If you have no intention of having a heavy load then you can justify a shorter frame. If you EVER intended to haul something heavy. You will be happy you have the added height. You need to remember when you have a heavy load your pack will be pulled down and you lose lift.

OP
c5mrr270

c5mrr270

WKR
I know all about lift. I have a short torso. I can load a 60lb sand bag in my pack and have more than a 45 degree angle on the lifters at 24". I have had 140 lbs in my pack and lift wasn't a problem.

Currently though my 26" frame sits at about the top of my head and with the way I load my spotter it sits on top so when I'm hiking through thick cover the frame and spotter are always bouncing off things. I just want a little more clearance for that tight cover.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
The frame is 26" tall with the stays in their pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I will say that my SG certainly doesn't feel like a 26" frame. It seems to ride lower even empty than other 26's I've tried. I prefer that as I can't stand anything behind my head.

Smaller lumbar pad sitting differently?

Exactly. It fits right into that cavity right above my butt, kifarus does not stay quite as high after a sweat has been attained. Both are comfortable, but they do ride differently.

The Kifaru "settles" in where the SG never seems to move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk