Stone Glacier Child Carrier

Aloha gang -

Sorry to revive this topic but any advice on “rigging” an Deuter/Osprey/ect. to a SG frame? Is it more straightforward than I’m thinking - ie connecting buckles, locking slides? I’m assuming some minor surgery on the donor bag is necessary. Would love to justify an additional hunt and enjoy some daddy daughter time this fall by bringing my 2 yo.
Mahalo!

I took the shoulder straps off, cut the 3/4" ladder locks off and replaced them with a 1" buckle instead. (cut a slit in the bar and you can slide the loop in it)..

Dtimj1w.jpg

Then just folded the waist belt back and buckled it out of the way.

suPqdFQ.jpg

And then I just had to switch one of the female buckles to a male buckle, and they just strap around the carrier frame.

E1KML7m.jpg

Superdoo

WKR
I just put some pillows in the bag and pop the kid in. Simple and he carried quite nicely.
1675265051954.png

Kaeo

FNG
Thank u so much guys for the advice and exhibits. This is really really helpful! If all else fails, I’ll just strap her in like Superdoo’s boy 🤙🏾

Kaeo

FNG
I took the shoulder straps off, cut the 3/4" ladder locks off and replaced them with a 1" buckle instead. (cut a slit in the bar and you can slide the loop in it)..

Dtimj1w.jpg

Then just folded the waist belt back and buckled it out of the way.

suPqdFQ.jpg

And then I just had to switch one of the female buckles to a male buckle, and they just strap around the carrier frame.

E1KML7m.jpg
Thank u for the photos!