Stone Glacier Bino Harness HELP

TOLeary

WKR
For those who have the new, or even old, stone glacier bino harness how do you like the Velcro on it? I have some hesitancies towards the Velcro but not sure if they’re valid.

Once the Velcro is set does it make any small ripping noises if pieces are getting pulled apart? Is it better since you can get the fit perfect? How is the lid closure for the Bino and range finder; easy to open and close? Stays secure when open? Not flopping around.

I haven’t gotten my hands on one so any input is helpful. Thanks

chindits

WKR
I have the new bino case and two range finder cases on either side. One handed operation is easy peasy. The Velcro doesn’t make any noise unless you’re taking pockets off the harness. It’s definitely not cool on a hot day but it’s better than a plate carrier so I’m not complaining

chindits

WKR
Once the Velcro is set does it make any small ripping noises if pieces are getting pulled apart?
I don’t understand your question. If you’re pulling the Velcro apart to remove an attached pouch it sounds like Velcro being pulled apart. Why would you remove a pouch in the middle of a hunt? It doesn’t make noise when you open the pouch or remove something from inside the pouch if that’s what you’re asking.

Jethro

WKR
I have the skyline and rangefinder pouch. So velcro only on the lids, no wings. I have not heard, touched, or even thought about the velcro since the day I set it up. I bought it in 2020 when it was released.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
I don’t understand your question. If you’re pulling the Velcro apart to remove an attached pouch it sounds like Velcro being pulled apart. Why would you remove a pouch in the middle of a hunt? It doesn’t make noise when you open the pouch or remove something from inside the pouch if that’s what you’re asking.

Basically wondering if regular use causes any noise or potential snag in the woods, taking pack on/off, taking bino harness on/off, just anything where it was noticeable that it happens. I can assume it’s not an issue since it’s on the market but also just wanted to hear some actual feedback if there was something like closing it too fast causes it to make a noise.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
I have the skyline and rangefinder pouch. So velcro only on the lids, no wings. I have not heard, touched, or even thought about the velcro since the day I set it up. I bought it in 2020 when it was released.

Perfect, what I wanted to hear! Thank you

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
I have the new Sentinel harness and the only time that velcro comes into play is when adding pouches and setting the size/height of your binos. In another thread someone had the tip to cover any exposed velcro with a strip or panel of velcro just to keep stuff out of it.

I recently upgraded to RF binos so I didnt get the separate RF pouch. The bino pouch is great, be sure to get size large for RF binos. I like the adjustability, how you can customize it, and that the lid opens away from you. One handed, silent operation with the pull tab. You're pulling against bungee cord tension, not velcro.

SG has multiple videos of setup and use on their YouTube channel.

OP
TOLeary

TOLeary

WKR
@chindits @Jethro @TheM1DoesMyTalking appreciate the feedback. One more thing: how stretchy are the pockets on the side of the bino harness? I have the Sitka harness and they aren’t stretchy enough for my handheld release to fit in. The marsupial was stretchy and fit fine.

Jethro

WKR
Keep in mind I have the old model, so maybe litttle pockets are different now, but on my skyline it would be a no for me putting handheld release in there.

The only handheld I have is a Carter
Evolution. I got it in/out the pocket, but is was tight and took too much effort.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about a release in the side pocket. It's fairly stretchy. So far I've used it to hold a phone, or a Kestrel or a wind check bottle.

TheM1DoesMyTalking

Lil-Rokslider
The inside pocket doesn’t do anything for me YMMV
I agree. On other harnesses that have had a way to keep that pocket close I have kept my license and tags there in a ziploc bag.

I may modify this one with some velcro or a few safety pins to make it more secure. I wish it came with a zipper or a snap there.