Stockys VG Hunter Tikka… Pretty Disappointed

Do you have any pics to better illustrate where the bottom metal is flexing? Is there a high spot in the middle that it's flexing around? Which part isn't parallel with the receiver that causes it?

Just kind of curious, my rokstok needed all the shims that high desert sends with their bottom metal for mags to fit decent so wondering if I shouldn't take another look at something else.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Stockys emailed me back and sent a shipping label so I can return it, they also said that I had ordered “plain carbon which is bare carbon and does not have a clear coat on it” so I’m not sure what the resin/clear coat looking finish is on the stock then. Also they said that all their stocks are checked on a “trued factory action” so I guess the bad inletting was still enough to pass their inspection.

OP
Castmaster

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Do you have any pics to better illustrate where the bottom metal is flexing? Is there a high spot in the middle that it's flexing around? Which part isn't parallel with the receiver that causes it?

Just kind of curious, my rokstok needed all the shims that high desert sends with their bottom metal for mags to fit decent so wondering if I shouldn't take another look at something else.
I already shipped the stock but I should have taken pictures of that too, the bottom metal seemed like it was tourqued and the middle was popping up and it had a noticeable amount of movement in the center.

sndmn11

WKR
“plain carbon which is bare carbon and does not have a clear coat on it” so I’m not sure what the resin/clear coat looking finish is on the stock then.

The exterior is just resin, I believe with a knock down sanding. I'm not surprised with the scratches you saw and any finished stock from them would have those scratches filled. I only order bare carbon from them because we paint them on our own, and what you showed in your pictures isn't out of the norm.

I do think it sounds like it didn't meet your expectations, and do agree their site doesn't describe what "bare carbon" entails, so I'm glad to see they took care of you.