stock paint

handwerk

WKR
Getting ready to paint a synthetic stock, which I've done before but I am now looking for suggestions for a lightly textured paint. I'm not planning on any webbing or patterns...I like the feel of the factory Mcmillan solid color paint job.
I've used the "stone" finish before but I'm not wanting it to be that rough.
What product in a spray can have you been happy with?

texasbbq

Lil-Rokslider
Rust-Oleum Multicolor Textured is a good one. I've painted several and it holds up well. You can clear coat or not, but I haven't noticed a huge difference in durability. Spray 3 light coats in the sun about 15 min apart.

Good luck

Depending what sort of texture you’re looking for, simply holding the spray can a longer distance away (you can practice before hand) will give you a lightly rough texture that you can then seal with a clear coat.

Holding it farther away just allows the paint to slightly gel before hitting the stock, making a faintly textured feeling.

You can adjust as needed by knocking it down a bit before clear coat as well.

Badseed

WKR
Are you planning to do a solid paint job or camo? When I camo paint my stocks I use a solid base color then sponge or use a paint roller to dab the camo colors on. This method gives just enough texture that you can notice improved grip without having the unnecessarily rough and fragile texture of a textured paint.

I just painted over a McMillian game warden and am very happy with the results.
caab716caabbbf409f62d79d47261915.jpg

3acb6f0f25d873c5e6765847b297c751.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimbee

WKR
Rustoleum textured has held up well for me on a couple carbon fiber stocks. I used a whole can on a stock, light coats 5 minutes or so apart. Let it cure in a hot vehicle for a day or two.