Sticky zipper on sleeping bag. ?

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
My back packing bag (MountainSmith) zipper doesn't like to "unzip." It sticks like it's stuck on something but there is nothing holding it up.

I have a tube of zipper lube that come with a Yeti soft cooler for the zipper. I'd never heard of zipper lube. Is this the thing to try or????

Mark

p.s. I'm going to try it but I am looking for more experiences/knowledge.

I had a zipper on my kids coat that sticky. I’d put chapstick on it occasionally and that seemed to help until it wore off. I’m guessing the actual zipper lube is a better option

OP
M

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Well I put some on it and it seems to have improved but it still likes to stick.

SonnyDay

WKR
You may be able to slightly bend the zipper pull to have more room for the teeth to slide through. This only works if it is metal. You have to be REALLY careful not to break it… but in essence you want to open the side of the zipper pull the teeth are entering to ease travel when unzipping. Use needle nose pliers to GENTLY squeeze the opposite side of the pull… which opens the side in question.

Did I mention to be careful?

Squeeze it with the pliers just enough that you’re not sure you actually did anything… then try the action. Rinse and repeat.

(The same technique can be used to repair a zipper that pulls apart after being zipped closed…)