Steel Toe Boots

treillw

WKR
Need to get some penetration resistant steel toe boots for work. Who makes some good ones?

After wearing Crispis for years, I'm a bit of a boot snob. That being said, I don't think the company will be too happy purchasing me a $550 pair of boots.

Thanks!

Decker9

WKR
Iv been using redwings for a bunch of years and like them. Like hikers, I went through a lot before finding a boot that fit good.

WVelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I wear Danner Quarry's everyday and love them. Plus they're American made

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I wear the American made Redwings and had pretty good luck with them. I don't think they'll fit like a crispi though

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I had a couple pairs of quarrys that worked out well.
Usa Redwing have been good.
Ordered a pair of USA Thorogood to try yesterday.

98XJRC

Lil-Rokslider
I had worn Danner Quarry's for a number of years and went through 2 pairs. Switched to their Viscous and wasn't as impressed. My most recent pair was a pair of Thorogoods with a composite toe. Non lined and non insulated. Absolutely love them. Took some time to break them in, however after putting on an old pair of Quarry's or the Viscous they all feel heavy and just not quite right.

WVelkhunter

Lil-Rokslider
When was the last time you bought quarrys? Are you sure they are American made? Not all Danner are. Also they are branded La crose now
Bought last year and the say USA made. The site that our company uses for our PPE no longer lists them. Probably like every other boot Danner has made that I like, they'll discontinue them.

Hmmm they uses to be China.
Try just searching for quarry. That's what I did on our company ppe site.
And they came up as la crosse

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Looks like a lot of boots aren't puncture resistance for stepping on nails. I will be inspecting some burned structures.

Anyone know of insoles or anything to add to them that are comfortable?

Thanks!

Nicks Boots if you really wanna spend some good money on high end work boots
I’ve had two pairs of those, great boot made here in Eugene OR, they can be heavy, at least the lineman boots I’ve had…. But great quality!

Check us out - we have safety toe boots in Mountaineering styles (Classic and Meindl Boots) and also in winter pac style boots that we make here in Idaho.
www.hoffmanboots.com

Jim Hoffman
Thanks! I have our purchasing person checking with you guys to see if we can order from you. You know how govt stuff works, but if I get the go ahead, a pair of your composite toe Armor boots will be on order!