STC tripod mounting

RdRdrFan

WKR
Has anyone struggled with the mounting point on the STC being soft? I was getting ready to pull the trigger on one and a buddy told me that his insert for the mounting screw isn’t a part of the housing but rather a part of the protective coating. Because of this he said that there is give and if he uses his head to move the scope while panning that it will not hold position when he pulls his head away. Not sure if I’m explaining it correctly.

Is anyone else having this issue?

He called Swaro and they told him that it is supposed to be a handheld optic so it wouldn’t be anything that would be addressed in the future.

Kinda surprised that a spotter from an alpha glass co would have a design flaw that they are just cool with.

Before anyone blows up I’m not hating on Swaro. I’ve currently got 4 sets of green binos and a full STX/BTX spotter setup.

I’m just hesitant as I tend to use my eye/head to pan when glassing.

That part you’re describing comes off and you can mount an adaptor plate solidly to the scope

Outdoorsmans plate locks up just fine on mine. I used a dab of blue loctite to set the screw. I dont see any potential issues there, its a solid connection.

Attachments

• IMG_5254.jpeg
    IMG_5254.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 20

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Yeah it’s solid. I also use the kestrel ring with integrated arca foot. The threaded plate mount is very solid.