Starlink for basecamp?

406life

Lil-Rokslider
I travel with mine. I'm 200 days afield so definitely need it. I can shut it down and go "off grid" as I need. I have had it since Elon made me wait for the launch. Guy with me last year watched his first grandchild being born from middle of nowhere Montana. Worth it for him. I like being UTD on fire and weather and on off days steaming something to watch is nice.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Using it will stretch my days in the field, so its a big win. Its amazingly fast, and once I figured out how to align it, super easy to do that.

It does need some clear sky, but so far I have managed just fine. In a really wooded area, I could see a problem, but a longer cable can probably get you to a good spot to use it.

Now, I am going to set it up so that I don't have to pull it all out. I'll put it in my truck box, and just grab the flat panel out when its time to go.

I have it running off my truck battery with an inverter, and doesn't even touch the charge on my truck. Next time, I am going to try it on the jump start box that I have and see how much it drains that battery. Probably not that much...

Attachments

• IMG_7615.JPEG
    IMG_7615.JPEG
    854 KB · Views: 3