Starlink and Loss of True Wilderness?

You can say the same thing about wilderness and airplanes.
Airplanes have “ruined” wilderness in many regions of the country.
We boat out to the cabin 60+ miles upriver, and during fishing and moose seasons, the airplanes buzz around more than the mosquitoes.
Technology marches forward, never backward.
Unless it’s cloudy.

I never understand when people fret over this sort of stuff. I stopped taking my phone with quite a few years ago cause guess what, none of us had them in the 80s and 90s and we all survived. I “advanced” when i got my first cell phone in my early 20s, carried it in the woods in my late 20s and 30s, then stopped around my early 40s and see no reason to have one out there, none.

You don’t want technology in the woods don’t bring any and avoid all the people who bring it like the plague and ban them from your camp/hunting party. Really no loss imo as tech addicted people tend to be pretty lame company anyways.

I dig Starlink and don't think it has or will have a revolutionary impact on wild places. It is just another incremental change like virtually every technological advance ever, that erodes it just a little bit.

As for Google's street view on popular trials, I like it. The more people who sit home and virtually experience a hike from the comfort of their couch the better. With a big enough screen and the right camera angle they can probably snap selfies for their Instagram feed, their true object as opposed to any other part of the experience, and no one will be the wiser.
Keep ‘em at home on their social media instead of out in the woods, i like it!