Staccato - talk me out of it…😳

Staccato P with more than 40,000 rounds without any cleaning whatsoever.

View attachment 712167

View attachment 712168
View attachment 712169
View attachment 712170

Its first and only malfunction was at over 30,000 rounds. The extractor was completely filled with carbon and brass shavings and it could not grab the cartridge rim at all. Pulled the extractor, scrapped the carbon out with a knife, put it back in and it has been working perfectly for another 10,000 plus rounds.

View attachment 712171

The C and CS’s are better pistols still due the true 9mm mags and external extractor.
This is awesome... Love it form!

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Staccato P with more than 40,000 rounds without any cleaning whatsoever.

View attachment 712167

View attachment 712168
View attachment 712169
View attachment 712170

Its first and only malfunction was at over 30,000 rounds. The extractor was completely filled with carbon and brass shavings and it could not grab the cartridge rim at all. Pulled the extractor, scrapped the carbon out with a knife, put it back in and it has been working perfectly for another 10,000 plus rounds.

View attachment 712171

The C and CS’s are better pistols still due the true 9mm mags and external extractor.
Replace recoil springs or anything?

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Lots of You tube guys comparing the Staccato, Bull and Prodigy…seems like they all rate them in that order.

Some of you are CC’ing these double stack grips? Seems like they would print bad….

Lots of You tube guys comparing the Staccato, Bull and Prodigy…seems like they all rate them in that order.

Some of you are CC’ing these double stack grips? Seems like they would print bad….
I’ve heard of some folks that winter carry a staccato and summer carry a P365. May be the route I go.

Plan on the prodigy needing some parts and polishing. Still its $1k-$1500....

While the grip is a more square profile. They are pretty close to a 1911 in size. Not all that huge

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Do it, I don't have one, but after handling one it wont be long before I do. Easily the best pistol out there for the money. I've looked at similar offerings from smaller and larger companies, and reviews are all consistent that the Staccato beats them all.

elkguide

WKR
I don't shoot as much as Form, but I do shoot a bunch. The Staccato is a great gun. I settled on a couple Atlas pistols. I've only got a little over 10,000 rounds through one of them and I have only lubed it. One of the guys that I shoot with has an Atlas that he has put 180,000 rounds through and it's still going strong.

Deywalker

FNG
Not a one. Correctly built 1911/2011’s in 9mm just don’t stress the system.
Do you have a preference for 9mm 1911s? I'd love to get a stacatto someday but with where I live at the moment, the extra capacity of a 2011 isn't of much benefit to me.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Do you have a preference for 9mm 1911s? I'd love to get a stacatto someday but with where I live at the moment, the extra capacity of a 2011 isn't of much benefit to me.

What’s the budget and use?

Deywalker

FNG
What’s the budget and use?
~$2000, primary use case would be as a range gun, but I'd like to be able to carry it while camping/hiking.

I had previously considered just getting a stacatto C and pinning the mags to 10 rounds, but I think it's probably not worth it.

I like mine, but not crazy about the trigger. I’m considering getting an after market trigger job

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
~$2000, primary use case would be as a range gun, but I'd like to be able to carry it while camping/hiking.

I had previously considered just getting a stacatto C and pinning the mags to 10 rounds, but I think it's probably not worth it.

The benefit of Staccato is that the guns just work. For 1911’s in that range, right now it seems the highest probability of getting one the works without fuss is Dan Wesson and Colt Custom shop and higher end models. Trip Research 10 round mags, or Ed Brown 9 round mags also work well in most pistols.

NDGuy

WKR
The benefit of Staccato is that the guns just work. For 1911’s in that range, right now it seems the highest probability of getting one the works without fuss is Dan Wesson and Colt Custom shop and higher end models. Trip Research 10 round mags, or Ed Brown 9 round mags also work well in most pistols.
What brand did you mean earlier by C and CS's?

texag10

WKR

I’ve heard of some folks that winter carry a staccato and summer carry a P365. May be the route I go.

This is what I do, although I carried my staccato P with holosun 507comp and the magwell installed underneath a short sleeve button up with a 20 rd mag as a reload a couple weeks ago. I was working security for our church and some people had cased it during the week.

Tenicor certum 3 holster worn AIWB and a mastermind tactics stretchy mag pouch at 11:00 for the reload. I'm 5'11" 170lbs.

TML75

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
That's why I'd prefer one if I could figure out the mag situation. Thank you for the recommendations.
You might already know this, but the original C was a single stack. I see them for sale on Gunbroker from time to time. Maybe that would solve the magazine situation?