Stabilizer setups

4rcgoat

WKR
Went from 12 to 15 inch stinger,6 ounces out front, no side bar for me,might play around with 1 next year. Slowed my pin float down a bit.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’m using an 8” B-Stinger stabilizer. I don’t like it cause I don’t feel it does anything for noise/vibration dampening. Noise/vibration dampening is all a stabilizer is good for to me. If it doesn’t do that, it’s an unnecessary weight penalty to me. I’ll be searching for a better one.

KBC

WKR
I made a 12” for the front and an 8” side bar to run on my axius ultra. I’ve never used a side bar so I didn’t want to spend a ton just to try it. Found out it mostly just made my bow heavier and there wasn’t much change in steadiness when I took it off. The diy front one is working great though.

OP
qwerksc

qwerksc

WKR
I had been running a spider 10” tracker up front, I started buying a bunch of used ones on here and archerytalk, all hunting setups 6” to 10” and a few side bar mounts, shrewd atlas and beestinger ultra mount. Know I’m playing with multiple set ups and weights. Longer with less weight up front, with an 8” on the side with 6+ ozs, feels good, definitely less pin float, now I jus need to shoot and just focus on the target.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a crossover stab with a bow jax on it a few years ago and love the adjustability and it does kill the vibration. I would recommend it to anyone that is looking for a new stab setup.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Tried alot of varients, spent a lot of money but I settled on a quivalizer this year. Cuts weight and it stabilizes like my 17 inch bar I ran for a couple of years. It's one for one on deer this year looking to go 2 for 2 next week on elk it that happens I'm done tinkering.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

PAhntr91

WKR
Classified Approved
I was running 8” bee stinger took weights off and on. Then took it completely off seem to get better groups with out it. I would like to try something shorter just too see if it would make a difference. I mainly hunt from a stand. So not sure how much a stabilizer matters.

IN_Varmntr

Lil-Rokslider
No stab up front, just a few ounces bolted to the bottom left of my riser.

I've never shot better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ZDR

WKR
8" Cutter with 3oz up front. Much better at reducing pin float than my old stab. May add 2-3oz just to try it.

I put on a Trophy ridge hitman in a 10/8 inch with 1oz up front and 4oz on the back. It has really helped stabilize the bow. My bow shop guy also showed me to set it up where I only need to loosen the front stabilizer and it disconnects the whole system.

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
12" doinker platinum up front with 3-4oz. and a 10" Doinker avancee side rod with 6-8oz. mounted in low back hole with a shrewd bracket.

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
Hoyt Pro Defiant: 12 inch stabilizer (crossover) off the front. All three weighs on the front.

Mathews VXR 31.5: 11 inch (crossover) off the front and a 8 inch (beestinger) off the back. 1 weight on the crossover and 2 on the beestinger. Recently got this bow and it does not balance well for me at all without the side stabilizer.

I always shoot with a 5 arrow tightspot quiver on with 4 arrows in it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Have a short 4 inch bowjax. Not much of a stabilizer took up a lot of vibration from my old bow. Moved it to new bow so it holds my wrist sling. Would like to try a side bar or a front and back bar.

Jimbob

WKR
Bstinger

Front - 12" 3 oz
Back - 8" 8 oz

Shoots great so I feel its worth the weight (hiking in for goats and sheep). I'm shooting much better with the quiver off so it comes off and slips onto a hook on my belt when I start stalking.

I made a bracket that allows me to mount my tight spot like a quivalizer so I am going to experiment more with that.